Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-mobile's 3G

Default T-mobile's 3G
    I have an unlocked iPhone 3g on t-mobile. I have 3g enabled and I see BossPrefs is giving me a 3G ip. How come my phone only shows an edge connection "E" and never a 3G connection "3G" icon? Am I only using edge or is it 3G also?

p.s.I thought they have many phones on the 3G network including the new sidekick on 3G. Wwhy can't my iPhone use there 3G connection instead of slow edge.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default T-mobile
    the reason why t mobile doesn't work with 3G on the iphone is because T-mobiles 3G runs off of 2 different frequency's and the iphone 3G is only capable of running off of one

Cause the iphone does not support T mobile 3G 1700MHZ

In 3.0 or in the future they dont have any plans on a solution for it either?

Its hardware, not software (I might be wrong). maybe the new iPhone coming in june (again I might me wrong) maybe it will support 1700MHZ

So is there any hope for faster internet on t-mobile with the iPhone in the future. I get 1-3 Kb if that. Or is there any way to boost the speed at all. I'm not complaining this phone is the best but I want to increase my internet connection speed!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

want faster internet? hop on at&t, it actully works very well and imo you might as well be on at&t with the 3g so you can take advantage of the 3g iphone
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Does at&t offer prepaid w internet?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhizzyMyNizzy View Post
    Does at&t offer prepaid w internet?
    Kinda.
    GoPhone - Pay As You Go has a add-on data feature, but it is limited to 100MB/$20 and can be added on up to three times in a three month period. Not cheap if you want to use 3G for things other than the occasional email grab or casual web browsing.

GoPhone - Pick Your Plan (which is similar to FlexPay) offers the same data options as Pay As You Go (but unlike PAYG, one's limited to 100MB/month and then it comes out of you money balance per kb... not cheap), with the exception of those with original 2G iPhones activated by iTunes (which are offered an unlimited data plan for $20/month that is even compatible with the 3G).
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2009-04-29 at 12:41 AM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

iPhizzyMyNizzy (2009-04-29)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And the sidekick is still 2G. :P

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sactownstar View Post
    And the sidekick is still 2G. :P
    At least until the next model releases in a couple weeks... then SK users can have T-Mobile's 3G too.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

SK users will have a GPS and 3G enabled phone... Wish I could have my Sk 3G tether my iphone 3g so it uses 3g internet... jk lol
    Last edited by iPhizzyMyNizzy; 2009-04-29 at 11:25 PM.