Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-mobile web not working anymore with iPhone today !!!!!!!!

epc.tmobile.com working for me too. im in So cal also.

can anyone point in the right direction in fixing the problem of APN disappearing every 1-2 days? I was told to download APN Fixer on cydia but not sure why its still happening.

OK so the fix to the pb is really stupid and simple.
    First if you loose the Edge, try disconnecting the cellular connection by activating the airplane mode. Wait 1 min and turn OFF again the airplane mode. It should reset your connection to t-mobile network and fix most of the Edge quirks.

Now my pb was different. I mentioned one day to tech support I had an iPhone because I thought they didn't give a sh**, and my $10 plan worked flawlessly still after that. Until that day when they try to force the iphone users to switch to the $25 smartphones plan by making any connection to the internet impossible and instead displaying a page that says: " Your current data plan is not compatible with this device, please upgrade to the $25 smartphone data plan"...
    So the fix is simple, I signed-on to my online t-mobile page, and there I just said that my phone was a Samsung behold. In the next minute, my connection was working again !!!

Moral of the story: Never tell them you're using an iphone. They don't give a damn and want to keep you, but they'll put that on your file, and one day will force you to switch to the $25 plan...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What plan are you currently using Dave?

Salt Lake City: mine went down today, called tmob and they insisted on selling me the $25 plan (I have the 9.99 web/messaging), I refused, then because of this forum changed to internet2 and now it's working again. Thanks guys.

Lost my edge in Reno, NV with wap.voicestream.com a few days ago (with upgrade message from tmobile same as others). Tried epc and same thing. Changed to internet2.voicestream.com and works! 125kbps. Thanks!

OK I talked too fast coz its been now 2 days that tmobile again disabled my web2go plan @ $9.99 with the wap.voicestream.com settings...

Changed the APN settings as suggested to internet2.voicestream.com and now it works again!!!

Thanks guys !

Quote Originally Posted by HelloHolga View Post
    Yeah, same with me in san francisco area, the same problem with me what is happening?

change your APN to internet2.voicestream.com
    it works perfectly for me.
    This worked for me... Thanks so much HelloHolga.. Unfortunately added tzones after the price went up to $9.99..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    in okc,ok and had same problem on wap/voicestream/com and error message saying i needed to upgrade my plan, but now good2go with
    internet2/voicestream.com switch.
    thanx

Thanks
    Hey guys a few quick questions

I am considering getting the $9.99 Web2go plan but am concerned that I will exceed the download limit. I tried several times to get Tzones using the instructions in the other post but no luck (I think because I am on a Flex Pay acct).

Anyway I wanted to know how fast you guys go thru the 50 MB or 100 MB limit. I use it mostlly at hotspots but the main reason would be to keep receiving emails while I am on the road. Will this kill my limit and what are some of the applications that I should avoid while using the Web2go?
    Last edited by idealist; 2009-05-11 at 12:51 AM.

IMO, the $9.99 package is the best value. It gives you 200 text messages which is not bad for the price.
    U have 2 choices:
    * 100 MB monthly and no txt messages, or
    * 50 MB monthly and 200 txt messages.

The thing is they don't count your bandwidth usage, everytime I login to my t-mobile.com page the counter is stuck at 50 MB available !!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to daveinla For This Useful Post:

idealist (2009-05-12)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daveinla View Post
    IMO, the $9.99 package is the best value. It gives you 200 text messages which is not bad for the price.
    U have 2 choices:
    * 100 MB monthly and no txt messages, or
    * 50 MB monthly and 200 txt messages.

The thing is they don't count your bandwidth usage, everytime I login to my t-mobile.com page the counter is stuck at 50 MB available !!
    SWEET!!!! I just bought Pinger Text so I can just use my data. Thanks for the advice and the note about the bandwidth....

im having a weird situation where.. i switched to an iphone on tmobile and got the sidekick unlimited plan and they actually added a smartphone plan to my account and i guess i had it working on that this whole time so i call tmobile and take the smartphone plan off so i dont get charged for it and now my phone tells me

"Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed to a cellular data service"

but it's not telling me what everyone else is saying about upgrading. and i've had internet2.voicestream.com in my apn this whole time, took it off now and put it back in and still nothing. it's been like 20 mins. since my smartphone plan got taken off so i don't know if maybe the sidekick data plan hasn't kicked in yet?
    any help?

i got it working now. found out that the APN is hiptop.t-mobile.com
    Username and guest is: dummy

works just as fast as the smartphone plan i had on previous to this..

hope this helps out anyone with the same problem, take care

i got it working now. found out that the APN is hiptop.t-mobile.com
    Username and guest is: dummy

works just as fast as the smartphone plan i had on previous to this..

hope this helps out anyone with the same problem, take care
    Last edited by moto774x; 2009-05-13 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So - my TMO data stopped working again on the 29th. I have the $5.99 Tzones and had the apn set to epc.tmobile.com. Popped my sim in my spare KRZR and it works. Called TMO and asked if everything on the backend is provisioned correctly and it is. I've changed the apn to internet2.voicestream.com, wap.voicestream.com, again to epc.tmobile.com, power cycled after every change, cycled airplane mode - all to no avail.

Since it's working with the KRZR, I'm led to believe that TMO knows that I'm using an iphone (probably through my IMEI and since I tether my device to my PowerBook (heavy data user)).

Anyone else lose their data? Any advice on what to do? Kinda at a loss here.

My tmobile plan has stopped working aswell. I live in LA. 3g 16gig 2.30.03 and on 2.2.1

I called and told them I was trouble shooting it by bouncing on every APN I could find, and they said that they have been doing system audits and canceling some peoples data plans if theyre on an iphone, because they should actually be on the "smart phone plan".

I said fine, cancel tzones, give me the smartphone plan and they gave me the internet2.voicestream.com APN and said it should work but no edge for me. gonna call back and try to trouble shoot.

I use the sidekick 19.99 plan on my iPhone and so far so good but just today I was thinking that it won't last forever and if I keep waiting to switch to the blackberry/smartphone plan too long and then eventually I'm forced to switch chances are the plan will cost more by then (plans ALWAYS go up) so I might just switch soon and get locked into the current price before they add another $5 to the unlimited data/txt plans.

Basically its save now and pay alot more in the long run or pay alittle more now and contine to pay just alittle more in the long run. Atleast thats how I look at it.

Ok so ive been a long time blackberry user but i gave in and bought a 16 Gig iPhone 2G last night. Ive been using the blackberry 8900 with internet on the EDGE network for the past 4 months. Tmobile however hasnt been charging me, i had a free month of internet as a promotion and they never took it off so my GPS and everything has been working using the epc.tmobile.com APN. However, i put my SIM into the unlocked/jailbroken iPhone and i get the uppercase blue E for EDGE but i am unable to access anything related to the data usage. APN settings for the iphone are epc.tmobile.com just like from the blackberry. I poped the SIM out and back into the blackberry and the internet was still functional so i dont know what the issue is with the iPhone and the APN settings? I'd really like to continue using the internet at no cost... Thanks for the help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12