Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Data problems - My solution.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up T-Mobile Data problems - My solution.
    I have a 16gb 3g 2.2.0 iphone, gevey turbo sim, 2.3 baseband.

Suddenly my phone stops accessing Edge/GPRS. I went through the network resets, tried epc.tmobile.com (which is only for t-zones FYI), internet2.voicestream.com, and wap.voicestream.com -- nothing worked.

Called into t-mobile to the unsupported devices division, and the woman knew exactly what to do. I had to re-register my SIM on the network in another T-Mobile phone. I borrowed my daughter's phone, stuck the SIM in, I HAD to use her T-Zones just to register the SIM on the network.. I took my SIM back to my iPhone, stuck it back in with the gevey and *POOF* was back on the internet.

The woman said they couldn't force a register of the SIM while using the TurboSIM because it would fry my setup forcing me to get a new SIM card. She was freaky knowledgeble about the iPhone setups and we had a delightful conversation about the Dev team, yellowsnow and baseband. I was very impressed with the knowledge over there.

Her suggestion was to simply refresh my SIM card every 2-3 weeks in another t-mobile phone. The turbosim card basically blocks the action of registering the SIM card and so the network forgets about you.

Hope this helps someone else.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agentbullvi For This Useful Post:

phutterman (2009-04-18), RDL (2009-04-18)

Quote Originally Posted by agentbullvi View Post
    She was freaky knowledgeble about the iPhone setups and we had a delightful conversation about the Dev team, yellowsnow and baseband. I was very impressed with the knowledge over there.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Did you get her ID nbr????

I wanna be able to speak to her whenever I'm in need of help lol
    Housekeepin'?

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

...She was freaky knowledgeble about the iPhone setups and we had a delightful conversation...
    They've won hella awards for customer service
    *T*Mo**

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's good to know, and really cool that you talked to somebody so knowledgeable. Thanks!

I don't use a Turbo Sim but recently I've been having alot of issues with data (I have to turn airplane mode off then back on to get it working.. very frustrating!).

I will call TMobile tomorrow using my old SK3 and see if resetting the SIM helps. THANK YOU so much for sharing your information and glad it seems alot of ppl at T-Mobile are intelligent and able to truly assist customers with issues.

Question resetting sim for internet
    Can I just put my sim into another phone with tzones or internet capability and then the sim would be reset??? or do you mean the sim has to be reset by the Tmobile rep??? thank you if anyone can clarify. appreciate the responses!

I have a 16gb 3g 2.2.0 iphone, gevey turbo sim, 2.3 baseband.

Suddenly my phone stops accessing Edge/GPRS. I went through the network resets, tried epc.tmobile.com (which is only for t-zones FYI), internet2.voicestream.com, and wap.voicestream.com -- nothing worked.

Called into t-mobile to the unsupported devices division, and the woman knew exactly what to do. I had to re-register my SIM on the network in another T-Mobile phone. I borrowed my daughter's phone, stuck the SIM in, I HAD to use her T-Zones just to register the SIM on the network.. I took my SIM back to my iPhone, stuck it back in with the gevey and *POOF* was back on the internet.

The woman said they couldn't force a register of the SIM while using the TurboSIM because it would fry my setup forcing me to get a new SIM card. She was freaky knowledgeble about the iPhone setups and we had a delightful conversation about the Dev team, yellowsnow and baseband. I was very impressed with the knowledge over there.

Her suggestion was to simply refresh my SIM card every 2-3 weeks in another t-mobile phone. The turbosim card basically blocks the action of registering the SIM card and so the network forgets about you.

Hope this helps someone else.
    Resetting sim for internet:

Can I just put my sim into another phone with tzones or internet capability and then the sim would be reset and register on the network??? or do you mean the sim has to be reset by the Tmobile rep??? thank you if anyone can clarify. appreciate the responses!
    Last edited by maksautobodyshop; 2009-04-19 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

the network identifies your "tmobile" phone as you use it, according to the postings, so no, no need to call a rep. Also, they're recommending doing this every month.
    *T*Mo**