Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G unlocked 2.2, cant send text

Default 3G unlocked 2.2, cant send text
    As the title says, i have a friend with a 3G 2.2 2.28 baseband which had some1 unlock(T-Mobile USA) it for him and everything works but he cant send texts. He can call in/out and get texts but just cant send them. I thought network settings reset would fix it but it didn't. I put my SIM in his and couldn't sent either. Put his SIM in my unlocked 2G and it worked fine. So i put his 3G in DFU and restore it to 2.2, jailbroke it with quickpwn 2.2.5-2 and unlock it with yellowsn0w 0.9.8. Once again it all worked but cant send texts. after many restarts and removing and putting back of SIM it just wont send text.

After searching i found 2 solutions, first one being that the SIM card is an older version(he said 1.5yrs old) and yellowsn0w don't like it or there is a bug in yellowsn0w that's not letting it send text. I told him to go to T-mobile store and see if he cant get a new SIM. Just wanted to see if any1 else had this problem and if they have a solution. Thanks in advance.

its probably because he didn't add the data network the one i use is

hiptop.t-mobile.com

Quote Originally Posted by Karan94 View Post
    its probably because he didn't add the data network the one i use is

hiptop.t-mobile.com
    you mean the edge setting?

No, the Data Network Settings.

Settings>General>Network>Data Network Settings>

APN: hiptop.t-mobile.com
    USERNAME: [BLANK]
    PASSWORD: [BLANK]

hope this helps

If he puts his SIM into your iPhone and it works then the SIM is not the problem I guess...
    Housekeepin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver350Z View Post
    If he puts his SIM into your iPhone and it works then the SIM is not the problem I guess...
    Yeah i dont think so either. its not the SIM problem but maybe SIM + yellowsn0w. i was reading the change log on yellowsn0w and it had bugs with outgoing calls with some SIMs so i think its yellowsn0w with that SIM.

did you do what i said.