Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP need to replace iphone from APPLE

Unhappy HELP need to replace iphone from APPLE
    hey there i need your guys help on this. ok so, i traded my horrible g1 for a 2g iphone from some dude on craigslist. one speaker isnt workin, and there are a lotta dead pixels. i want to get a new iphone from apple but how? my warranty is expired but i have 1 complimentary phone call left on the warranty. how can i pull this off? i really want a new iphone since this one has some dents on the back of the phone which bother me a lot. should i request apple to ship it to me or should i go to the apple store and take it from there. do i have to have a at&t account? i have t-mobile and i have no intentions to go to at&t. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

you need to be with ATT..they will check you..they wont replace it..i know it sucks..

as for the speakers on the iphone theres only one..the other side its a mic..
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

ok so can I jet gets prepaid sim cardvfrom AT&T and activate it thru iTunes? How do I do that? I heard that u don't need activation from AT&T to get it serviced

When I needed my phone to be replaced, I just fully restored to factory settings then borrowed an AT&T SIM card from a friend that also has an iPhone.

Got my phone replaced, no questions asked.

By the way, I even saw some people that did not have a SIM card with them getting serviced, they just say to you: "make sure you activate it" bla bla bla...

EDIT: Just realized that you said you have your Warranty Expired... I have no idea how you can pull this off and get an exchange for free.
    Last edited by Oliver350Z; 2009-04-14 at 05:52 PM.
    Housekeepin'?

Thanks

Why did you swap a G1 for an iphone with only 1 speaker working? Didn't you test it first?
    To live, you have to lie

iPhone only has one speaker...

Left-side = Speaker
    Right-site = Mic
    Housekeepin'?

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Why did you trade g1 for a torn up 2g iphone with expired warranty?? Apple will replace it out of warranty but it will cost you $200.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaMagic View Post
    Why did you trade g1 for a torn up 2g iphone with expired warranty?? Apple will replace it out of warranty but it will cost you $200.
    Well to be honest I traded my g1 for the iPhone bcause the g1 would give me so many problems that I was desperate to get rid of it. my g1 had to me replaced anyways so I traded it with an iPhone. This iPhone isn't beaten up but it has the normal wear and tear ya know. I found about the dead pixel and speaker thing after I unlocked the done with quickpwn.

Now how can I get a new iPhone from apple? is there a chance for me to get one from apple? I can borrow a AT&T sim card from a friend since he has an iPhone with at&t. He also activated it through iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Why did you swap a G1 for an iphone with only 1 speaker working? Didn't you test it first?
    Well I didn't test it out I traded it with some kid on craigslist. He came over to my house and I reply didn't know about the speaker thing. It just had the connect to iTunes screen
    Last edited by ic223everywhere; 2009-04-14 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You said it in your first post.

Your warranty is expired. They're not going to swap it. At all, for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    You said it in your first post.

Your warranty is expired. They're not going to swap it. At all, for any reason.
    I read that some people on this forum got a replacement even though their warranty was expired... God I hope I have a chance to replace this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I traded my G1 for a 3G with cracked glass plus cash, because it was a good deal (and decided I preferred an iPhone), and replaced the glass myself. However, I did my research ahead of time, and had gotten a good deal on the G1 in the first place.

I'd say you probably can't expect a replacement from Apple. It's out of warranty, and it sounds like it's pretty knocked around, as well. In that condition they might not service it for free, anyway; the warranty doesn't cover accidental damage.

On the bright side, you're out of warranty, so you've got nothing to lose by repairing it yourself. The whole front of a 2g iPhone is one piece (screen + digitizer + glass), and will run you about $130 on eBay, if you want to fix the dead pixels. The repair won't be that easy, but it's doable.

The back piece looks like it'll run you anywhere from $20 to $60 on eBay if the dents bother you too much. That's a pretty involved repair, though -- its the part pretty much everything else attaches to, I believe.

And if not, well, it sounds like the only real problem with it is the screen. There's only one speaker, so that's not an issue, and while the dents may not be aesthetically pleasing, you can always put it in a case. Hey, it's still an iPhone, right?

well to be honest the dents nor the dead pixels dont bother me that much, i just want to replace it with a new iphone from apple just so i can have that new phone feeling ya know? theres nothin wrong with the phone at all though. i just wanted to know if i can replace the iphone cause i got my ipod classic replaced like 5 times from apple with little hassle

Thats kinda sad.

Is he still insinsting on exchanging for free?
    Housekeepin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver350Z View Post
    Is he still insinsting on exchanging for free?
    yeah i still am lol. is there a bit of a chance i can pull this off for free?

Thanks

I dunno. I would just buy a new phone. I would rather lose the money and retain some dignity.
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by ic223everywhere View Post
    yeah i still am lol. is there a bit of a chance i can pull this off for free?
    I believe we've all told you no. There is a reason the warranty expires.

yeah i am also having the hard time of finding a 2g lcd/digi/glass for 100 or less... so mine is now useless unless i can find the part cheaper + install

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I believe it's about a $130 part, so I wouldn't imagine you'll find it much cheaper than that.

If you can find one on eBay, you could do it through MS Live CashBack to knock a few percent off, though.

i ended up selling it today to a local mac tech for 150... it just wasnt worth fixing especially after losing out on 400 this week on here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast