Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Zones internet no longer working since going to 2.2.1 *RESOLVED*

Default T-Zones internet no longer working since going to 2.2.1 *RESOLVED*
    Yesterday I updated by iPhone 2G firmware to 2.2.1 and also unlocked it again using Pwnage Tool. My WiFi still works fine, but when I turn it off and try to use Safari I get an error reading: Cannot Open Page
    Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet.

APN is currently set to "epc.tmobile.com" I've also tried it with the wap.voicestream.com and epc.t-mobile.com. I've also powered it off and on again after changes and installed and uninstalled BigBosses T-Mobile carrier package from Cydia.

These problems are only since updating yesterday. Does it have something to do with the firmware?

I have T-mobile's 5.99 internet and have for a while now. The problem only started after updating firmware and unlocking it again.

I've noticed the T-Zones Hack in Cydia is no longer available, is there another alternative?

RESOLVED, please see below if you're having a similar problem.
    I figured it out. For anyone else having this problem, I had to reset network settings in Settings=>General=>Reset=>Reset Network Settings, and then I set the APN to "epc.tmobile.com"

Hope this works for other people having a problem.
    Last edited by lunauna; 2009-04-14 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

don't reset your network settings it will **** up your jailbreak!! ban this f1_!cker

now i have to redo my iphone i was doing it for a friend and he is pissed
    No signature links or spam... only warning

Quote Originally Posted by PAKIS-RULEZ View Post
    don't reset your network settings it will **** up your jailbreak!! ban this f1_!cker

now i have to redo my iphone i was doing it for a friend and he is pissed
    This worked perfectly for me without causing any problems. How would changing your network settings change your jailbreak? Anyway, I used this on a 2G when switching from 2.2.1 so if that's not what you or your friend had you shouldn't have assumed this would work anyway. If the problem wasn't exactly the same, why would you try it? This post was made a year ago and this setting doesn't work for me anymore. You should have gone to a recent post and found one that applied to your or your friends phone. Please don't be upset with others because you screwed up.