Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using a prepaid T-Mobile SIM card in the U.S.

Default Using a prepaid T-Mobile SIM card in the U.S.
    Is there any reason why one can't use a prepaid T-Mobile SIM card on an unlocked iPhone while in the USA, e.g. for temporary use if one doesn't have an account with a wireless carrier?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

No. Is it not working?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I have no problem using a prepaid t-mobile sim on the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    No. Is it not working?
    I haven't tried it yet, I live overseas and am traveling to the U.S. next week and plan to buy an iPhone and use a prepaid SIM card while I'm there. Thanks for the info!

I used a prepaid T-mobile sim for testing, after i unlocked my phone and it worked. works well...
    Gratitude,
    mrengles

awesome. could someone help me out and tell me what kinda prepaid plan i need to get for the iphone? cause im not familiar with how tmobile's plans work. thanks.

I just bought a $10 prepaid sim from Tmobile to test the unlock. You can check out tmobiles site. i'm sure they have a plethora of information. =)
    Gratitude,
    mrengles

You won't be able to use the EDGE data network with prepaid. The $5.99 and $19.99 plans can be added only to postpaid plans (including Flex-pay, which doesn't require a contract).

iPhone? More like MyPhone prouddad.215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smcr View Post
    Is there any reason why one can't use a prepaid T-Mobile SIM card on an unlocked iPhone while in the USA, e.g. for temporary use if one doesn't have an account with a wireless carrier?
    I have a regular tmobile account sim in my iphone, but in my other phone, a blackberry I use for work, I have a prepaid tmobile sim in that. I took it out just to try in my iphone, and it worked 100% fine, just like the other one did. I didnt check internet, but I'm sure it wouldnt work anyway. There should be no problem getting it to work, but just maybe make sure your prepaid sim didnt run out?