Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Many questions =)

Thanks

Default Many questions =)
    Hello!

I am very new to this! So here are my questions, concerns, i-dont-get-it...

I am a Verizon customer at the moment. I have heard that they will have the iPhone for Verizon next year so I'm crossing my fingers! I do NOT want to go through AT&T because personally I believe that their service sucks. My boyfriend has the iPhone 3g with AT&T and he always uses my Blackberry to call or surf the web. So I decided to get a iPhone 3g (I was thinkin about 2g buttt I really like the 3g) unlocked & jailbroken and use it with T-Mobile.

So from my understanding everything is functional especially 3.0 and the only think Im missing is visual voicemail which is nice but Ive lived without it lol.

I went on the T-Mobile website and really dont want to do a two year contract with them. So I was thinking of doing FlexPay because it seems that its just monthly payments without the contract and Im down for that. Anyone here have FlexPay?

Also Im getting confused with the whole TZones thing! I dont understand what to do when I finally decide to do the jump.

So I go get the phone. Unlock it. Jailbreak it. Go to T-Mobile, with a crappy T-Mobile phone (ex. Razr) Say I want FlexPay My Faves 600 minutes....buttt do I say I want a data plan?? Do I use the Web2Go?? Or do I just ask for Unlimited txting plan and then come here and do the TZones set up and it will just be added to my plan. Thats where Im confused. What plan do I exactly say I want?

Also with web...Everyone is on the Edge network which means your getting internet all the time where ever you are (as long as there is good reception, which I understand) Buttt..lol..Do you get wifi? Would I have to switch that or would the phone automatically decide which is best?

Also what is the difference with 2.1, 2.2, 2.whatever?

I know these are A LOT of questions and you might be like whoa...But I really am new to the whole iPhone unlocking/jailbreaking and T-Mobile.

I would greatly appreciate anything I get! I have read a lot of these forums but I thought I might as well ask people who know how to work it and not leave any holes open! =)

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I would get a 2G, as they are unlockable, a new 3G may not be because of a baseband update.
    Visual voicemail does not work.
    Add T-Zones, it is the data plan, unlimited edge anywhere.
    When you say you want a data plan, just say you want T-Zones, and texting is a completely separate thing.
    Wifi is standard on all iPhones and does not revolve around a cell phone plan, and yes, there is a wifi switch, but if you're in the middle of nowhere, chances are there'll only be cell reception and no wifi.
    The 2.x things are the firmwares, they are updated every once in a while, but do NOT upgrade if you are jailbroken and unlocked, you have to wait for the dev team to hack each one, then do it. 2.2.1 is the latest firmware and it has been unlocked/jailbroken.

I have got the iphone 2g with the t zones it is very good for the price 5.99 unlimited data you just need to read this how to get it .http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...ded-works.html that should help you

Thanks

Personally I want a 3g and from my understanding it is unlockable. And 3.0 is working already.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Don't get a 3G with 3.0, it'll update the baseband, if you already have one and did, you CAN NOT use yellosn0w. It may still be able to work with a sim card adapter though, though no guarantees.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

visual voicemail wont work on tmobile