Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock Question

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Unlock Question
    I have a unlock and jail-broken 3g 16g 2.2.1 iphone. I bought it unlock and i have gravey 3g adapter over my sim. I can make phone calls fine however, i cant get my edge settings to work. It use to work fine but it stop working for about a week now. I tried resetting my network setting already. I have read somewhere that it's better to use the software unlock instead of the hardware unlock. My question is which software is preferable to solve my issue, and which one is more user friendly? I know there is quickpwn and yellow snow, which one should i use, and why.

Thanks

Unfortunately, since you are on 2.2.1 there is no hope for you my friend...
    At least for now.

The yellowsn0w software unlock only works up to 2.2 firmware.

I figured out how you can fix this. If you go in Cydia, there is a package called T-Mobile Carrier Bundle. Install it, then on your computer, go into the System/Library/Carrier Bundles/T-Mobile US.bundle/ folder and open the carrier.plist file. Check off AllowEDGEEditing, and add epc.tmobile.com in apns > Item 1 as the "apn." (This is assuming you have a Mac and the appropriate plist editing software.)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    I figured out how you can fix this. If you go in Cydia, there is a package called T-Mobile Carrier Bundle. Install it, then on your computer, go into the System/Library/Carrier Bundles/T-Mobile US.bundle/ folder and open the carrier.plist file. Check off AllowEDGEEditing, and add epc.tmobile.com in apns > Item 1 as the "apn." (This is assuming you have a Mac and the appropriate plist editing software.)
    Thanks for the info. Question, where do i go (i have a mac) to go into the System/Library/Carrier Bundles/T-Mobile US.bundle/ folder and open the carrier.plist file. i haven't downloaded any additional software, i think i might have to.