Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-mobile edge no more full internet acess?? Help

Green Apple
    Thanks
    A few hours ago it redirected me to the T-Zones page (sports, news, etc) and then it worked. Now it just says "Could not activate cellular data network."

I still have the "E" icon next to the T-Mobile logo. Am I ******? I do know some T-Mobile employees, will they be able to help me?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you go to settings > general > network > celluar data network. After APN type epc.tomobile.com for the t-zones plan or internet2.voicestream.com for the web2go and total internet plans.

I just got off the phone with customer service and he said that they are updating the servers right now and it will take a day until everything is back up in running. I asked him if they were flagging accounts with tzones and the iphone with over 100mb a month used and he put me on hold and got a manager and the manager told me that they would never do such a thing blaugh blaugh. I took down her name so if it ever does happen to me in the future I could call in and say so and so said it would never happen.

Thanks

I hope that's the case... my buddy that works for T-Mobile says differently though.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    If you go to settings > general > network > celluar data network. After APN type epc.tomobile.com for the t-zones plan or internet2.voicestream.com for the web2go and total internet plans.
    With epc.tmobile.com it can't activate the data network. When I tried the old wap.voicestream.com it said:

Code:
    HTTP ERROR: $

$

RequestURI=/

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know anyone at t-mobile but from the numerous times they have helped me; during times of disputes, lost phones, tech dificulties etc, t- mobile has given me the impression that they aim to please. "Flagging" customers? Can you be more specific? I have yet to hear an official case where t-mobile scared off one of their own loyal customers off to another cellular company.
    *T*Mo**

Thanks

The "T-Zones" plan was never intended for unlimited use. This plan is only supposed to be used on phones WITHOUT a full internet browser. The iPhone was never intended to be used on T-Mobile but it just so happens that by unlocking it we have access to manually input APN settings and activate the T-Zones plan.

T-Mobile aims to please but they also want to MAKE MONEY. They want to put you on the $24.99 (or higher) for a total internet phone like the G1. I don't think G1 or Sidekick customers think it fair that we can pay $5.99 for unlimited access while they pay $20+.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby23 View Post
    I just got off the phone with customer service and he said that they are updating the servers right now and it will take a day until everything is back up in running. I asked him if they were flagging accounts with tzones and the iphone with over 100mb a month used and he put me on hold and got a manager and the manager told me that they would never do such a thing blaugh blaugh. I took down her name so if it ever does happen to me in the future I could call in and say so and so said it would never happen.
    That sounds about right... last time this happened (this has has happened to me before on tzones) and i called customer service... they assured me that it was network maintenance... sure enough the next day all was fine... till now... I'm not too worried about it... just hoping its fixed soon

The "T-Zones" plan was never intended for unlimited use. This plan is only supposed to be used on phones WITHOUT a full internet browser. The iPhone was never intended to be used on T-Mobile but it just so happens that by unlocking it we have access to manually input APN settings and activate the T-Zones plan.

T-Mobile aims to please but they also want to MAKE MONEY. They want to put you on the $24.99 (or higher) for a total internet phone like the G1. I don't think G1 or Sidekick customers think it fair that we can pay $5.99 for unlimited access while they pay $20+.
    I know your right, but there are always 2 sides to the sword (so to speak) and i'm sure TMO is happy to be taking "potential" ATT customers to the pink side... lol but I am sure that we with iphone tzones aren't helping their bottom line... peace
    Last edited by eclipticrider; 2009-04-06 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)

T-Mobile aims to please but they also want to MAKE MONEY. They want to put you on the $24.99 (or higher) for a total internet phone like the G1. I don't think G1 or Sidekick customers think it fair that we can pay $5.99 for unlimited access while they pay $20+.[/B][/COLOR]
    Please don't give ppl that "fair" talk cause thats not really fair.. lol and TMobile is making ALOT of money so please don't worry about them..

Basically if you have T-Zones it means you have been a loyal T-Mobile customer for a long long time or that you did your research and added the plan before they discontinued it. Seek and u shall recieve. So yes it is FAIR that someone might be on T-Zones and paying less than the next person.

I'm not on T-Zones but happy for those that are. .. I'm on the 19.99 Sidekick plan and it was working for me fine until today. Again I had friends who did no research and gave up their 19.99 plan and just signed up for the 34.99 plan so their internet would work right ways.. while I stayed searching and searching determined if there was a way I would find it to work on my iPhone. So sometimes things that seem "unfair" from a distance arent when u look alittle closer. They gave up their 19.99 plan cause they wanted instant gratification I was more than happy to play the waiting game.

Like right now.. my internet isnt working and maybe I was flagged..maybe not.. but I'm not changing my plan asap like a couple of my friends already did.

My friends said tMobile told them no APN will work on the iPhone anymore unless you sign up for the SmartPhone 34.99 package so they said sign me up.

I'll wait to see what happens.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Apparently there is a T-Zones outage. Man this really blows lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RDL View Post
    Please don't give ppl that "fair" talk cause thats not really fair.. lol and TMobile is making ALOT of money so please don't worry about them..

Basically if you have T-Zones it means you have been a loyal T-Mobile customer for a long long time or that you did your research and added the plan before they discontinued it. Seek and u shall recieve. So yes it is FAIR that someone might be on T-Zones and paying less than the next person.

I'm not on T-Zones but happy for those that are. .. I'm on the 19.99 Sidekick plan and it was working for me fine until today. Again I had friends who did no research and gave up their 19.99 plan and just signed up for the 34.99 plan so their internet would work right ways.. while I stayed searching and searching determined if there was a way I would find it to work on my iPhone. So sometimes things that seem "unfair" from a distance arent when u look alittle closer. They gave up their 19.99 plan cause they wanted instant gratification I was more than happy to play the waiting game.

Like right now.. my internet isnt working and maybe I was flagged..maybe not.. but I'm not changing my plan asap like a couple of my friends already did.

My friends said tMobile told them no APN will work on the iPhone anymore unless you sign up for the SmartPhone 34.99 package so they said sign me up.

I'll wait to see what happens.
    And you haven't done your research on this site, because you can, and people still are, adding T-Zones for their iPhone.

Actually for me the wait is over. Everything is working fine again.

Quote Originally Posted by eff3ctz View Post
    And you haven't done your research on this site, because you can, and people still are, adding T-Zones for their iPhone.
    I did do much research.

T-Zones - $5.99
    Unlimted Text - $14.99

Sidekick Unlimited Internet/Txt - $19.99

Do the math.

And again my point is still the same. Those that research and want to keep calling til they get the right rep and finally get T-Zones added deserve their $5.99 Internet.
    Last edited by RDL; 2009-04-06 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    T-Zones working on RAZR, not on iPhone.

:'(

thanks guys

so i guess what people are saying is that t-mobile is doing an update.

one option work for me is reset network then use wifi and close wifi then use edge n it work for like 1 hour than it stop

maybe tomorrow t mbile will fix it

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Very strange indeed. Internet jsut started working and it's faster than ever lol. Speedtest gave me 230 kb download a second.

Quote Originally Posted by poopz View Post
    Very strange indeed. Internet jsut started working and it's faster than ever lol. Speedtest gave me 230 kb download a second.
    I thought it was just my imagine that it was running faster...I actually thought I forgot to turn off my wifi for a second..
    TMobile needs to update their system more often! lol

I just wish they would send users a text in advance to let us know maintenance is being performed so that we wouldn't think it was our data plan and/or phone.

EDIT - Its back to regular speeds (kinda slow) and its also in and out. I still get an error message now and then. Not good.
    Last edited by RDL; 2009-04-06 at 08:48 PM.

I was having some outages today on my iPhone with tzones. I don't worry too much when that happens because internet on my old Razr used to go in and out (on rare occasions) and it always came back.

I think saying "it's not fair to have the $5.99 tzones" is setting a double standard. What about the customers with amazing grandfathered plans? What happens if the economy gets worse and carriers raise prices more? Will the new customers be entitled to old plans? Of course not.

That said, we are using the $5.99 plan for an unintended use, so give due respect to T-Mobile by not abusing it. Don't tether it to your laptop and start downloading torrents

mine is not working...

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason the APN was blank, now it's working...
    wow, that was scary.
    Last edited by Oliver350Z; 2009-04-06 at 04:05 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

I reset the network for few times and reconfigured with APN is epc.tmobile.com then it works again

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine works fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast