Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: yellowsn0w or sim unlock card?

iPhone? More like MyPhone owais123's Avatar
    Thanks

Default yellowsn0w or sim unlock card?
    i can do both, im about to restore, so should i just restore to 2.28.08 or stay on 2.11.07 with unlock sim? is yellowsn0w working for everyone? does it have good connection. and the only problems i have with unlock cards are that once i lose connection i have to reboot because it does not find connection once its lost and i cant change my carrier logo. will these 2 problems be fixed with yellowsn0w?

yellow sn0w works great those sim adapters suck,i never had any issues with yellow sn0w,only when the first version was released now that its version 0.9.8 i believe it works great!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^^ he is correct yellowsnow is working perfect you shouldn't have any problems. but with a sim adapter u can also upgrade to 2.2.1 and still be unlocked.

iPhone? More like MyPhone owais123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    ^^^^ he is correct yellowsnow is working perfect you shouldn't have any problems. but with a sim adapter u can also upgrade to 2.2.1 and still be unlocked.
    actually mine wouldnt even work 0n 2.28.08, i had the old skool ones but yeah i did yellowsn0w and no problems yet

i've still got my SIM adapter in a little baggie somewhere. I haven't looked back since yellowsn0w.

I like my RebelSIM because I don't have to worry about basebands and stuff--I can update and downdate as I please without worry I won't be able to use it anymore. Right now, I'm on 3.0 with T-Mobile.

Hey! i have an iphone 3g with Modem Firmware 02.25.00 and after updating to 2.30.03 yellow sn)w doesn't work. no signal whatsoever. what am i doing wrong?

yellowsn0w isn't compatible with any baseband other than 02.28.00. You updated to 2.2.1 instead of 2.2. Sorry to break this news to you, but you will have to buy an unlock SIM or a new iPhone. (May I suggest Rebel?)