Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G 2.2.1 T-Mobile Sidekick Pre-Paid Plan APN Settings With Gevey 3G Plus2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Cool iPhone 3G 2.2.1 T-Mobile Sidekick Pre-Paid Plan APN Settings With Gevey 3G Plus2
    Soo.........
    I Have A 3G 16 Gig iPhone.

Its On 2.2.1 With The Latest BaseBand

Well I Bought My Self A Gevey 3G Plus2 Sim.

I Use T-Mobile
    Pay As You Go.
    Sidekick Plan 1$ A Day.

Well I Have Been Looking Around This Whole Forum For How To Configure The APN Settings
    So I Can Get Edge.
    And Nothing Seems To Work.

Most Of The Tutorials Out There
    Are For First Gen iPhones

Tried Many Things.

hiptop.t-mobile.com
    guest guest
    And
    dummy dummy
    For User And Pass.

got it from here

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...iphone-3g.html

Well I Was Wondering If Anyone Is In The Same Situation As I Am And Have An Actual Working Solution.

Thanks For You Time

(PS. I Am Currently Completely Resetting My iPhone...Meaning A 2-3 Hr Wait.)

-ThatDudeJC
    Last edited by ThatDudeJC; 2009-03-31 at 07:55 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatDudeJC For This Useful Post:

kokoras (2009-03-31)

Try epc.tmoible.com leave the rest blank, and 3g speed off and data roaming on. Let me know if it works or not.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XSeLKReW View Post
    Try epc.tmoible.com leave the rest blank, and 3g speed off and data roaming on. Let me know if it works or not.
    ok so i completely reset my iphone 3g ...with the 2.2.1 and gevey2gplus2 on it. and i jailbroke it. then i edited the apn to what you told me. and still no luck. do i need to re download the t-mobile bundle? and is that right? epc.tmoible.com or is it epc.t-mobile.com?

Well Have a 3g on 2.2.1 jailbroken and unlocked with turbo sim and I used the epc.tmoible.com APN and it worked fine on my t moible unlimted sim card. I think it could be that the sim is not set up for internet, im not sure but if you actually use the sim on a actual t moible phone and use tzones or web2go then It will then be ready for the iphone. What you can also try is calling t moible and ask them the current internet plan on the sim to make sure it has some sort of internet on it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XSeLKReW View Post
    Well Have a 3g on 2.2.1 jailbroken and unlocked with turbo sim and I used the epc.tmoible.com APN and it worked fine on my t moible unlimted sim card. I think it could be that the sim is not set up for internet, im not sure but if you actually use the sim on a actual t moible phone and use tzones or web2go then It will then be ready for the iphone. What you can also try is calling t moible and ask them the current internet plan on the sim to make sure it has some sort of internet on it.

Are you sure its epc.tmoible.com? not ecp.tmobile.com? and i have the tmobile sidekick pre paid 1$ a day plan.

If the "e" doesn't pop up. Then it's most likely your sim unlocker.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joefx13 View Post
    If the "e" doesn't pop up. Then it's most likely your sim unlocker.
    oh damn !!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    it's epc.tmobile.com with tmobile properly spelled

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dustout View Post
    it's epc.tmobile.com with tmobile properly spelled
    still not working

What happens. Is that your "E" should pop up no matter what APN you have entered. Its just there to let you know your phone has DATA. The APN is what you need to access it though. So if your "E" isnt there, but you know you have a data plan. Its most likely your sim unlocker.

The epc.tmobile APN will not work with SideKick Plan.

1) Reset Network Settings (SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET)
    2) Retry hiptop.t-mobile.com APN, leave username / password fields blank.

It should work.

PS.: Joe is right though, if the "E" is not popping up then it does not have to do with the APN config. This happened to my gf's 2G, the "E" was not popping up... Restoring the phone seemed to have fixed it though.
    Last edited by Oliver350Z; 2009-04-01 at 07:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver350Z View Post
    The epc.tmobile APN will not work with SideKick Plan.

1) Reset Network Settings (SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET)
    2) Retry hiptop.t-mobile.com APN, leave username / password fields blank.

It should work.

PS.: Joe is right though, if the "E" is not popping up then it does not have to do with the APN config. This happened to my gf's 2G, the "E" was not popping up... Restoring the phone seemed to have fixed it though.
    damn still no LUCK!!

the E hasnt showed up at all.
    do you think it might be cause of it being a prepaid sidekick plan?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the GEVEY Sim card also for my iphone because i accidently updated my phone to 2.2.1. I signed up for the Tmobile Web which is 5.99 and the APN is EPC.Tmobile.com. It can only be used for Tmobile Web only. To what i know, Sidekick Plan cant be used on iphone 3g 2.2.1 because my friend had sidekick LX and changed it to Iphone and kept his plan. It wont work. You either have to sign up Tmobile Web or Smartphones plan.

There is no problem with the Plan, the problem is with the Phone (SIM unlocker?).

The "E" icon should appear even when you have no Data Plan on your T-Mobile account.
    Last edited by Oliver350Z; 2009-04-01 at 03:26 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

That is true. the E pops up when you have Tmobile or no data plan but you wont be able to use it. You can use it on TMobile Web Plan or Smartphones plan. So far, these are the ones available.

You can use the sidekick plan, because that is what I'm currently using. But I'm on 2.2 software unlocked.

Default i have the gevey sim as well
    i use the 3g sim as well, and sometimes need to reset my sim by putting it in my wife's G1. i tried earlier today with a sidekick and it didnt work at all... maybe what you need to do is put it in someones phone that has internet and a tmobile phone, that resets the sim, and seems to work fine unlocking it. I had the same problem with my 3g and after i did that it worked fine... also use epc.tmobile.com
    i had to buy it because i upgraded to 2.2.1

Jus got my rebel sim today from ebay, put it in my iphone with my sidekick prepaid plan and it worked, i read alot of threads and forums sayin it wouldnt work, but mine did, n for $1 a day...ne1 body wanna buy a sidekick lx lol

oh n microsoft did recently buy out danger, so that could b the reason for it not working b4
    Last edited by Burk; 2009-04-04 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi Burk,
    I am also using a rebel sim in my Iphone 3G 16gb 2.2.21 Modem Firmware 02.30.03

Can you please tell us what APN settings you used to get your iphone working with my sidekick prepaid plan?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buygeeks View Post
    Hi Burk,
    I am also using a rebel sim in my Iphone 3G 16gb 2.2.21 Modem Firmware 02.30.03

Can you please tell us what APN settings you used to get your iphone working with my sidekick prepaid plan?
    well the weird thing is that.
    recently my iPhone 3g started reading the Edge when i went to the mall. under the hiptop.t-mobile.com for apn and dummy for username and pass. but when i went out to the dunes and el mirage,ca, which was yesterday, it stopped reading edge.
    i have no idea what to do now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast