Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G 2.2.1 T-Mobile Sidekick Pre-Paid Plan APN Settings With Gevey 3G Plus2

hiphop is supposed to work for sidekick from what i understand...

Access Points Names (APNs)
    T-Mobile Internet: Internet2.voicestream.com
    T-Mobile Internet VPN: Internet3.voicestream.com
    Web2Go/t-zones: wap.voicestream.com
    BlackBerry: blackberry.net
    Sidekick: hiptop.t-mobile.com
    T-Mobile G1: epc.t-mobile.com

can someone tell me how to get the sidekick prepaid plan working on my iphone 3g? The phone is not locked right now as I wanted to start from scratch and not mess anything up in the process. I would greatly appreciate any help that someone can give me. Thanks in advance...

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Why are people using sim adapters? I thought the unlocks let you drop your sim in and select your network under the Carrier Selection menu. I have never used a sim adapter before so I am curious.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Why are people using sim adapters? I thought the unlocks let you drop your sim in and select your network under the Carrier Selection menu. I have never used a sim adapter before so I am curious.
    yes, now with the ultrasn0w.
    The 3g running with the newest B/B 2.30 then were unable to be unlocked till now. So we had no other choice but use a sim adapter to use on T Mo.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah I see. I thought maybe it had to do with the physical design of other Sims. Thanks for the explanation.

I always kept my 2.28.00 baseband and have to admit it is weird looking at a new one in my phone :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking Sidekick SIM works fine!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadhunni View Post
    I had the GEVEY Sim card also for my iphone because i accidently updated my phone to 2.2.1. I signed up for the Tmobile Web which is 5.99 and the APN is EPC.Tmobile.com. It can only be used for Tmobile Web only. To what i know, Sidekick Plan cant be used on iphone 3g 2.2.1 because my friend had sidekick LX and changed it to Iphone and kept his plan. It wont work. You either have to sign up Tmobile Web or Smartphones plan.
    This is 100%INCORRECT!!
    You CAN use your TMobile Sidekick (LX) SIM with the Iphone 2G AND 3G with ANY SW ver. I have both 3G and 1st Gen (2g) and have used both with the same SIM out of my Sidekick LX. Only Difference is the APN setting (hiptop.t-mobile.com instead of epc.tmobile.com)
    EDGE/Data works flawless, around 100k on 1st Gen. And a little over 200k on 3g (by way of edge,Cant use tmobile 3g on iphone bc the freq. is different) (DL Speeds)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IPhoneMD For This Useful Post:

bbaskety (2009-06-28)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have your same plan and its working 100% all you do is set push data for 30 15 whatever min and wait about an 30-1H and it will auto find the IP for tmobile and you will have internet working 100% dont edit the apn setting if you need anymore help just PM me and i would be glad to help

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cocoabean772 For This Useful Post:

bbaskety (2009-06-28)

Ok here's another thing. I want to go to T-mobile to setup the sidekick plan but they are saying I need a sidekick imei to set it up with. What can I do? Does anyone have an extra one laying around or should I give them my iphone imei?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

just leave everything black and set push data to 30 min and it will auto find the ip trust me i had the same problem

It worked... I am now on the T-mobile edge network searching the internet... I appreciate all the help!!!!

One last thing... does anyone ever get the 'No SIM Installed" message? I don't seem to be getting it as much as I did when I first unlocked the phone but every so often I get the message. Should have my SIM replaced or is this normal?
    Last edited by bbaskety; 2009-06-29 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Go to this thread for the "no sim" error ---- http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...ml#post4637451

I need to find a working solution for the iphone 2G 3.0 i have t-mobile sidekick prepaid plan and i havnt found anything. I used every apn known to man and nothing is working. if there is any working solution please let me know asap.
    -jared

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

About two weeks ago the tmobile sidekick APN (hiptop.t-mobile) was reconfigured,Safari on iPhone won't go thru but emails still work. You will have to change your tmobile plan from sidekick to the smartphone plan. The smartphone plan, cost the same as the sidekick plan w/pay as you go plan.The new APN is wap.voicestream. When you put this APN in with out the smartphn plan it will bring you to an upsell page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12