Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost EDGE on 3G!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackhaT View Post
    I bought the phone already upgraded. I would LOVE to downgrade if someone could explain how... I was under the impression it was impossible.. therefore i purchased the turbo sim..
    Just a few days ago there's a method to downgrade your baseband but it MUST have the 5.08 bootloader version which unfortunately is kind of rare. Go here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post3877511 and follow the tutorial to see what bootloader version you have.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackhaT View Post
    I have a 3G 2.2.1 with the turbo sim. I've been using it for months now with no problems and all of a sudden the edge went out. I tried my sim in my friends blackberry pearl and it said SIM ERROR... Is this because I have the sidekick data plan? That I can only use a sidekick to reactivate my sim...? Please let me know if anyone else has come up with an alternative solution...

Thanks guys
    I don't know how much of a difference it makes whether you have the sidekick data plan, I got my general data edge running just fine on my wife's pearl. Sounds like maybe there is an issue with the sim itself, the phone should work noatter what data plan you have, just the Internet wouldn't. It is a tmobile pearl right?

Quote Originally Posted by talk2me View Post
    I don't know how much of a difference it makes whether you have the sidekick data plan, I got my general data edge running just fine on my wife's pearl. Sounds like maybe there is an issue with the sim itself, the phone should work noatter what data plan you have, just the Internet wouldn't. It is a tmobile pearl right?
    I don't see how there could be an issue with the sim itself as I am using it perfectly fine on a 3g iphone right now. Texting and calling works flawlessly, i just have to restore the edge.

i also attempted the downgrade, however I have 6.02
    Last edited by blackhaT; 2009-04-16 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

My edge is not working again. I think is Tmobile again. ><
    My Edge used to work and I think Tmobile is upgrading again.

Thanks

blackHat, why do you have the sidekick plan? the that maybe why ur having trouble, i dont know, my regular edge plan works great and its $10 cheaper per mo. than the sidekick or blackberry plan

i pay 19.99 for the sidekick plan.. i've had it for over a year.

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

According to this person they have a fix. Someone on a 3G should try this.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...-new-post.html

It involves what others have posted... inserting your sim in a t-zones enabling phone.
    Last edited by elsgk2; 2009-04-17 at 08:51 PM.
    *T*Mo**

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12