Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Email to SMS txt msg, not working anymore

Default T-Mobile Email to SMS txt msg, not working anymore
    Ever since November 2008, i have not been able to send myself a email with unlimited characters to [email protected]. I've called T-mobile atleast 7-10 times trying to get an explanation from them and all they can say is,

"Well you should only be able to send a sms message with the maximum amount of characters of 160..blah, blah, blah" (They even talked me into upgrading to Web2Go and then tried to get me on a high 34.95 data plan. The only reason i got off T-zones was because of this issue.)

********. When i switched from AT&T (which i was able to send an SMS with unlimited characters) to T-mobile I did not have any issues in October 2008.

T-mobile then decides to create " Web2go " out of the sky and viola, my ability to receive important emails(unlimited characters) via as SMS txt is completely gone.

For this very reason alone, i am highly considering switching back to AT&T.

Before i do so, is there anyone here who has this same problem or is actually able to send themselves a SMS via email, with unlimited characters?

Actually another thing that is pretty funny is i set up a test account on (Red Oxygen) and it works completely flawlessly with my phone. I can send a msg with over 1000 characters in it and it shows up on my iPhone as ONE MSG.

Any ideas, anyone?

I don't entirely see why you would need to do this anyways?

You want to be able to email yourself, or you want other people to be able to send you text your email?

I'm really confused on your wording with all of this, what is the point in fixing this problem? Why do you need to text an email to yourself or whatever you're trying to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kahl View Post
    I don't entirely see why you would need to do this anyways?

You want to be able to email yourself, or you want other people to be able to send you text your email?

I'm really confused on your wording with all of this, what is the point in fixing this problem? Why do you need to text an email to yourself or whatever you're trying to do?
    Um K? I think it's pretty clear what im trying todo. It's basically like getting live updates from my own email address (forwarding) but i just use my own txt SMS address to receive the actual msg.

Dont understand how you didnt get what i was trying to get across?

Seems pretty clear to me.

Why don't you just have them sent to an email and check the email on your iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kahl View Post
    Why don't you just have them sent to an email and check the email on your iPhone?
    because email is not really convenient anymore especially when you have critical things that you need a live update of like a web business. Your phone would have to be set to check email every 15 minutes and that is just wasteful for your battery on your phone.

Ahh, i see.

Well if you've heard the new 3.0 update coming out soon should fix these push problems (cutting down battery usage from like 80% to 20% - something around there) so that it can check things like that better.

I'm only in highschool so I don't need my phone for business situations like you, sorry I can't help you though man I understand now