Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions: 1) IPhone External Speaker 2) AIM on IPhone

Default Questions: 1) IPhone External Speaker 2) AIM on IPhone
    I have a couple of questions about my IPhone, hopefully someone can help me

First, is there a way to turn off the external speaker when listening to the ipod in the car? I use my current 30gb ipod in my car to play through the audio system but when I tried to use my iphone in the car yesterday to play some tunes it didn't go through the car audio system but rather came out the external speaker of the phone, is there a way to fix this or can I not use my iphone in the car the same way I used my ipod?

Secondly, I use AIM quite a bit and wondered if someone could point me to a good application to get it on my phone? I tried JiveTalk today but don't like it. I also tried eBuddy yesterday and didn't like that either. Can someone offer some alternatives?

Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

U can use the iphone in the car cuz i know i can, but ur cable needs to be the right size for the iphone's jack

U can use mobilechat
    twenty08.com click on blog

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpread View Post

Secondly, I use AIM quite a bit and wondered if someone could point me to a good application to get it on my phone? I tried JiveTalk today but don't like it. I also tried eBuddy yesterday and didn't like that either. Can someone offer some alternatives?

Thanks!
    I can't help with the first question, but I can with the second.

You can use Apollo or MobileChat.
    Both of which can be used with AIM, Yahoo and MSN. They're both in installer with the community sources or you can download both fromt his website at the top under "Downloads".

Can anyone give me a tutorial on how to use the installer? I found the app MobileChat and went to install it and I got the error Package Download failed!

Anyone know why that is?

Regarding the audio, first poster was right I need a jack adapter to go from 2.5mm to 3.5. Thanks!

Thanks
    Regarding AIM on the iPhone, I would recommend Meebo.

I have tried Apollo and found it to be somewhat unstable.

Meebo has a nice web app, and can be found at meebo.com with your iPhone.

Not only can you use AIM, but gtalk, yahoo, msn, and other services as well.

Try it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Your iPhone isnt going to work with the same cable that you use with your iPod becuase the cables are different. You have to buy an adapter for it, or try using an FM Modulator. But thats why the sound isnt picking up, you need a special cable or adapter for the iphone. Look at the jack on your iphone and you will notice 3 sections to it, instead of the standard 2. Your phone isnt making good contact with the jack

Quote Originally Posted by frankydabull View Post
    Your iPhone isnt going to work with the same cable that you use with your iPod becuase the cables are different. You have to buy an adapter for it, or try using an FM Modulator. But thats why the sound isnt picking up, you need a special cable or adapter for the iphone. Look at the jack on your iphone and you will notice 3 sections to it, instead of the standard 2. Your phone isnt making good contact with the jack
    Actually that is incorrect. My alarm clock that is made for an iPod works perfectly fine with my iPhone for both audio and it charges the iPhone fine. I've seen some adapters not work and some will... it just depends on how they were designed I assume.

ok i installed apollo and it says
    "Could not connect to authentication server: could not resolve host name"

what am i doin wrong?
    help
    plz n thnx