Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g Iphone edge problems

Default 3g Iphone edge problems
    I have a gevey-3g sim adapter on my iphone 3g but my edge icon goes out every 3 to 4 days and i have to take out the sim card and put it on a tmobile phone and use the edge on that phone, put it back on mine and it start working again, can somebody help me with this, please?

Default Your still using a hardware unlock?
    Put the gevey away. It's no longer needed, besides the software unlock runs way better than any hardware unlock.

Backup Iphone first

Follow instructions on this link
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 3G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)

make sure you choose the 2.2 NOT 2.2.1

Then follow the instructions in this link
    htttp://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2538

When your done with everything, restore from backup.

Antek, im just curious, do I have to continue using my SIM because im having problems with it?

I have a 3g but its on 2.2.1 and has a baseband of like 02.30.xx not 02.28.xx

Can i still unlock it to use my T-Mobile network without a sim unlock chip?

That's a problem...Your going to have to wait for an unlock, which I doubt will happen for 2.2.1 I'm 100% sure that the issue with your internet going down is because of the hardware unlock solution. Yellow snow cured that mess. Your going to have to deal with it until 3.0 comes out. I would recommend that you wait until all the bugs have been worked out before you update.

Antek is right. There's a new baseband coming with 3.0 and hopefully the dev team is hard at work working on an unlock for everyone. I don't think they'll release an unlock for the xx.30 baseband now that they know about 3.0 and 99% of iPhone users will want to upgrade to it. It makes more sense to begin working on an unlock for that baseband.

Might want to talk to other members. I have no experience with this stuff but I see TurboSim used on here enough that members should be able to help you with one of those.