Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Different SIM Detected - Please Connect to iTunes

Default Different SIM Detected - Please Connect to iTunes
    Windows Vista
    iTunes 8.1.0.52
    iPhone 2g updated to 2.2.1 via iTunes
    QuickPwn 2.2.1 With Boot Logos, Unlock, Cydia and Installer checked.

After it finishes jailbreaking/unlocking, I add in my T-Mobile SIM card and it says Different Sim Detected and Please Connect to iTunes.

I have tried the SSH Lockdown method but it does not work for me. My phone previously worked fine as 2.1 with no SIM problems at all. I have also tried the newer QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 and that did not work. What should I try next?

Thanks in advance!

If its saying different sim, its not unlocked. What baseband is it?

Thanks for your quick reply but after my 5th attempt and 5 hours fiddling, i found out that i needed to do this part.

"all files in the folder (recursively)."

Previously, i read from the guide to manually do each file, so that's what I did. I just then read from someone else to click the recursive box and that fixed it!!!!

Thanks CPJR!

Glad its fixed.

Cause I have no idea what your talking about.

Actually you just need to put in your sim card and then quickpwn. Do not quickpwn and then put it in.

Quote Originally Posted by miedwards72 View Post
    Actually you just need to put in your sim card and then quickpwn. Do not quickpwn and then put it in.
    That different sim happened to one of the iphones i tried unlocking.. I thought it was the AT&T sim card I had in there when Iused quickpwn.

You need to have your tmobile card in while you quickpwn. I got that message also when I quickpwned with AT&T sim and then switched to tmobile sim.

When this happened to me, I just restored using iTunes then ran QuickPwn again to unlock and it worked okay. I was weird because the screen said, wrong SIM card, emergency calls only. then when i clicked on make emergency all, I could type in any phone number and it would call just fine with my t-mobile sim card in.