Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 1st gen T-Mobile Pre Paid

Default iPhone 1st gen T-Mobile Pre Paid
    So after reading a couple of posts, I'm having trouble understand what I can and cannot do.

So I CAN run out and buy a T-Mobile Pre-Paid SIM card and run it on my PWNED iPhone right?

and if I can do that, how much more is it to be able to add EDGE, or is that even possible on a pre-paid plan?

Thanks In Advance!

My iphone works just fine with my t-mobile prepaid sim.

I haven't gotten data to full work yet though. All of the standard approaches listed here don't seem to work,
    and I get redirected to a proxy.

If you do get data to work on a prepaid, I'll be very interested to hear about it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ripple440 For This Useful Post:

cybereclipse (2009-03-16)

You can't do it with a prepaid plan. Those procedures are for monthly (or prepaid pick your plan ones, not the prepaid per minute ones) plans only.

You only get a few limited sites, such as Tzones, ABC news, ESPN, 4info, etc etc.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ksong12 For This Useful Post:

cybereclipse (2009-03-16)

ok so I can get pre-paid service working, and only certain cites that the pre-paid service allows?
    Does anyone know if they charge for that tzones limited service?

No, they do not charge.

Or you can get the sidekick prepaid unlimted SMS and Internet for 1 buck a day

I couldn't get that to work because everything goes through the hiptop servers then.

But try it and let us know if you have any more success than I did.