Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Change IMEI for Tmobile

Default Change IMEI for Tmobile
    Does anyone know how to change the IMEI on 2.2? I was thinking about changing my IMEI to match an older tmobile phone. I thought this might help users become stealthy under tmobile's radar.

Thanks

Why would you have to? I've been using my phone on Tmobile since 2007 and they've never had a problem with it. When I've spoken to them on the phone they recognize that I have an iphone and have even helped me with it. I've even gone in to the store and the workers loved my iphone.

In short, Tmobile doesn't care at all if you have an iphone or any unlocked phones for that matter. I've used other unlocked phones on their network for years.

I've had mine active since october 2007 as well. People are starting to post that their T-zones is being interupted because of abnormal usage belonging to an iphone. If we could trick the network into thinking it was a tzones phone--what could they do?---NOTHING!

Thanks

Gotcha. I've read mixed things about it. I've heard mostly that it isn't true.

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antek View Post
    I've had mine active since october 2007 as well. People are starting to post that their T-zones is being interupted because of abnormal usage belonging to an iphone. If we could trick the network into thinking it was a tzones phone--what could they do?---NOTHING!
    yea dude.. its called fraud- i think they can cancel your contract, ban you from service, charge fines like you wouldnt know, and criminally prosecute---

changing imei is not a good idea- the likelihood of prosecution may be slim to none-- but what they could do versus what they do do are totally different questions-

no point to changing imei, as previous poster noted, the tzones shutdown appears to be a rumor .... [waits a couple minutes before posting to see if the tzones killer text message comes in]...
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~

It's true. A buddy of mine at a Tmobile was telling that is they feel your killing the network by download tons of stuff and tethering they cut your web for a day or slow u down some how. True story

Hey wow check this out. Heres your "KILLER" TEXT MSG"

T-Mobile provides support, good vibes to its iPhone-using clientele

TmoNews Blog Archive T-mobile Showing iPhone Customers Love?

"Richard says:
    April 7, 2009 at 11:24 pm

Wow, i didnt know you couldnt do this!!
    i was having trouble connecting to EDGE over Fri-Sat and when i regained EDGE this T-Zones things told Me that i needed to upgrade my Data Plan & my device was uncompatible with my current plan (100mb for phone) soo in my mind, they should have kept it the same, would have saved me a couple bucks a month! (Like 15!!)"

"number of iphone users on t-mobile is actually 600,000."

OR something from old they might be doing:

http://www.wmexperts.com/tags/t-zones
    Last edited by robertguero; 2009-05-20 at 08:06 AM.