Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sidekick 3 to iPhone

Default Sidekick 3 to iPhone
    I currently am using the Sidekick 3. I really want to get an iPhone, but I don't know how big of a hassle it will be. I'm completely new to this, so I was hoping someone could explain this a little more clearly to me.

This is what I know:
    1) I will need to unlock my iPhone (jailbreaking? But I have no idea how to do this.)
    2) I will need to change my Unlimited Sidekick Plan ($34.99) to a T-zones ($5.99) + Unlimited Messaging ($16.99)

I know, I don't know much. Anyways, here's what I want to get answered:
    1) How do I unlock my iPhone? I just need to know the simplest way. I also need to know how to activate it
    2) What do I need to do in order for my internet to work?
    3) Is this whole process hard for a complete novice?

Lemme know, and please also include anything else that I may need to know to go through this whole process. Thanks so much!

sidekick plan works

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZHDSyfvkhk]YouTube - How to get sidekick DATA PLAN to work on iphone 3g[/ame]

i use it on my 3g..

1) How do I unlock my iPhone? I just need to know the simplest way. I also need to know how to activate it
    Jailbreak/Unlock = If you get the 2G, simply follow this instructions, it should be easy for a beginner: iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0.x 2G iPhone (Windows) [WinPwn 2.5]

Activate = After it is Jailbroken/Unlocked, simply put your SIM CARD in the iPhone, should work instantly.

2) What do I need to do in order for my internet to work?
    If you kept your Sidekick plan, just follow instructions from "rud3bwoy"
    (post above mine)

3) Is this whole process hard for a complete novice?
    If you are a novice that takes your time and follow instructions step-by-step, then it should be very easy.

For the 3G, I wouldn't know how to help you since I never had an experience with one.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

goodluck getting the tzones plan. some can get it, many can't. its hit or miss.

i made the swap from sk3 to iphone back in 07. i love it. every bit of it lol. i look back at the sidekick n laugh that i had that pos.

follow instructions, take your time. it aint impossible but takes a bit of getting used to. once you learn the roots, you wont stop modding your iphone, cuz the limits are endless
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Ok, so another problem. My friend told me that you can't unlock an iphone that has 2.2 firmware. So where in the world can I get a cheap 2.1 iphone (I've tried ebay, $400 is not cheap. I'm talking about around $200)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

he meant, you can unlock any iphone second gen (3g iphone) up to firmware 2.2. the newest 2.2.1 has the newer baseband and can not unlock by software.

get a 1st gen, and your worries are none. you can unlock forever n ever n ever lol any firmware.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

I have my 3g using a sim unlock chip (about 40 bucks) and then unlocked using Quickpwn (It lets you open youre iphone up with a network besides AT&T). It took me less than 1 hour to get this working, its super easy, and i can have the most up to date software on it from itunes and still have t-mobile work along with the 5.99 t-zones.

You may want to consider what i'm doing, the 5.99 tzones looks to be just as fast as that sidekick plan that was shown in the youtube video above

hope it helps
    Kahl