Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is my iphone screwed? Help!!!

Default Is my iphone screwed? Help!!!
    iPhone Not Working!! HELP!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ok so i unlocked with yellowsn0w when it was released. everything was working great up until last thursday when i was at work and my phone said "searching and no service" which isnt unusual seeing as i never get a signal at my job anyway. When i left work it still said the same thing. Please help, ive done everything....reset, restore, ive also done all the things people have mentioned on the dev-team blogs...airplane mode, reinstalling yellowsn0w.....ughhhh nothing works! im on 2.2 and 2.28 baseband. I also tried a valid ATT sim, it got service for like 15 seconds and then it said "no service"......weird! Ive also gone to Tmobile and tried 3 new sim cards. HELP!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    try calling t-mobile? they should b able to help u a lil'

Restore it with a att sim then do your unlocking turn off the phone put the t mobile sim in there then turn it on that might work it worked for me.

If that doesn't work its tmobiles towers or the phone

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8r789456 View Post
    Restore it with a att sim then do your unlocking turn off the phone put the t mobile sim in there then turn it on that might work it worked for me.

If that doesn't work its tmobiles towers or the phone
    its deffinitly the phone, ive tried putting in a att sim, nothing happens except i get att logo and 5 bars, no edge or 3g icon. I also put my tmo sim in another unlocked iphone 3g and it works fine...still not solution...

What gets me is you put an ATnT chip in it and it has signal but then it does not. I would uninstall yellowsnow then try the ATnT chip and see if it holds out. Other than that there may be something physical antenna wise in the phone if you revert the software and put it all original and still doesn't work...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

restore it to factory 2.2 and not 2.2.1

go thru n try to get it working with the at&t sim card. if it still doesn't work with that, then you may be screwed. it has to work with at&t b4 it can work with tmobile
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

yeah i had a hard time unlocking my girlfriends 3g on 2.2.1, 2.2 is gold

Question -- is your phone a 2g or a 3g? I am guessing because you are using YellowSnow its a 3g... but in case it is a 2g...here you go.

I just encountered this EXACT issue and this was my work around.

I went through the QuickPwn process -- great it worked I could put my sim card in the phone HOWEVER I could not get any signal AT ALL. Tried it again -- no dice, tried it again no dice.

Then I thought about it for a bit - googled for a bit etc.. and not much was helpful -- lots of people had the problem but no one had real solutions. One site spoke about Kiphone (similar to Ziphone) and needing to revert the baseband back down to 1.14

I happened to have an OLD -- 2.2 custom restore I had created for my iphone before and figured I would give it a shot and it worked. 2.5 hours later. After I was sure I could make phone calls I updated to 2.2.1 and thats where I am. My guess is that the OLD base band was embedded in that file and as such was reloaded onto the phone ..but I dont really know for sure.