Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "subscription upgrade reguired" message

Default "subscription upgrade reguired" message
    hello. Im trying to get my wifes tzpnes working and this is the message i get with epc.tobile.com. says my data plan is incompatible with the device. and the hack is not on cydia anymore. anyone ever had this message pop up. what can i try?

did you even attempt to search.... or better yet look at the new posts, 60% of them are about the tzones hack

na this is legit. tmobile is cracking down on iphone users., they got me last night. they straight up turned off my edge all together. period. then i talked to a tmobile tech and said that my phone is requesting smart phone formatted data from the tower so i have to change to a smart phone plan. they actually put it on your profile with them. tzones users will start to see edge not working. they are starting with highest data used on tzones plan first. this IS legit. i had tzones working just fine and no joke they just turned it off.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    did you even attempt to search.... or better yet look at the new posts, 60% of them are about the tzones hack
    yeah, i realize that. But all of them is about peoples not working. Mines actually working, but its blocking me and saying that my data plan is incompataible with my phone. I could not find ANY post where someone had this message come up.

Im not a noob by any means. Ive been running mine with tzones for the last year. Mine still works fine. I was grandfathered in with the 5.99 plan. this is for an iphone that i just got for my wife. I wish that i could still get the hack. even wap.voicestream is better than nothing!

^^^^tmobile can detect your browser. its detecting it as a smart phone browser. take or leave what i said in my post but tmobile busted me hard core. they turned mine OFF

ok. So i got it working. the only one that worked was internet2.voicestream.com. It sucks but its better than nothing. The fact that they turned crickets off, and now they actually have messages coming up doesnt bode well for the future. I only hope we stay one step ahead of them!

im pretty sure my usage stood out pretty bad....150mb of usage in a month. on a little dinky phone...not likely

150Mb. . . .Are you serious?

That's squat compared to mine. I burned through 200+ last week listening to Pandora for a few days.

I guess I will see what they do. . . . . . . .
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

I averaged 700 , 800 mb over the last few months , so i guess they are after me .Oh well it was nice while it lasted .

Oh hell no. No no no no. I use my mobile internet way too much to let this happen. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I use about 200MB a month...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Oh hell no. No no no no. I use my mobile internet way too much to let this happen. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I use about 200MB a month...
    Just cut back on usage .I have stayed away from pandora for few days now.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Mines still working , They better not shut it off, Its called grandfathered in!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    Mines still working , They better not shut it off, Its called grandfathered in!
    They are not going to shut it off.They are just going to make it incompatible with your iphone.

Thanks

Cant ya just use the app that fakes the browser?
    Last edited by Pcpro745; 2009-03-03 at 04:08 PM.

I really hope they won't shut down usable T-Zones. . . . Internet access got way expensive recently.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

Thanks

I know what do they think were using broadband here lol internet access is gonna be as much as my comcast soon

Money, Money, Money, mooonneeyy!!!!!!! Thats what its all about these days....

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP.

I was hoping that it was just a temporary glitch.

I have no idea how much data I pull down a month, but I'm sure its a buttload. My husband's data is still up, but he uses it a LOT less than me.

But I can't justify the full data plan a month, its just way too damn expensive. I mean if I had money to burn I wouldn't have hacked my iPhone to be on t-mobile in the first place, right?

Any way(s) around this?

Default Thanks for that APN
    Quote Originally Posted by spitfire5454 View Post
    ok. So i got it working. the only one that worked was internet2.voicestream.com. It sucks but its better than nothing. The fact that they turned crickets off, and now they actually have messages coming up doesnt bode well for the future. I only hope we stay one step ahead of them!
    My brother in San Diego just added the $9.99 100 MB plan and a day later when he tried to use it using the APN epc.tmobile.com, it gave him a subscription upgrade message. Looks like they are cracking down on the west coast.

I told him to try internet2.voicestream.com and it is now working for him, so thanks for that info.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i live in san diego, both my iphone and my girlfriends iphones are working fine with tzones on epc.tmobile.com

no issues here!
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4