Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does the sidekick data plan work with the iphone???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Does the sidekick data plan work with the iphone???
    And if it does what are the settings you have to setup in the apn?
    edit: The sidekick plan is still 19.99 when you have a phone plan also right?
    Last edited by rwfanatic; 2009-02-24 at 10:08 PM.

Default here is my video on the sidekick data plan
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZHDSyfvkhk]YouTube - How to get sidekick DATA PLAN to work on iphone 3g[/ame]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i heard it makes your internet faster, is that true ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone gomer713's Avatar
    Thanks

uh it doesn't make my internet faster and i would say it doesn't make it slower either mine is on TMo sidekick data plan and the internet works as it always has. my 3G is actually on the pay-as-go sidekick plan and my 1st gen is on the regular.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That video is for the 3G, I have the first gen, will it still work? And has the price of the data plan gone up?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rwfanatic View Post
    That video is for the 3G, I have the first gen, will it still work? And has the price of the data plan gone up?
    1) Yes, it will work with the 2G iPhone as well.
    2) The Sidekick data plan prices on postpaid and FlexPay went up a few months ago. So, if you don't have a Sidekick you want to regularly swap SIMs with, don't have a 'grandfathered' Sidekick data plan on your account, or don't want/need a data-only plan (that's better suited, IMO, by going the prepaid route anyway), it's probably better to get one of the current data plans (like the G1, Smartphone, or Blackberry plans) to use on your iPhone instead. The current G1, Smartphone and Blackberry plans costs the same as the current Sidekick plans, and they are just as easy (if not a bit easier) to setup on the iPhone.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2009-02-26 at 12:59 AM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

I have my iPhone on the Sidekick Plan and to be honest, it takes like 20 seconds to open up google. It works but it's slow. I'm trying to fix it cause some people have reported really high speeds with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atruepretense View Post
    I have my iPhone on the Sidekick Plan and to be honest, it takes like 20 seconds to open up google. It works but it's slow. I'm trying to fix it cause some people have reported really high speeds with it.
    It could also be because of network-related issues, does these slow speeds happen on any other device you use with T-Mobile?

I've been getting 120-180 kbps at home (which is still decently good compared to AT&T's EDGE network in my area), but when I'm farther away from town, in between towns, etc. I'm getting some bad speeds. Pretty sure that's because of the distance to native T-Mobile towers and T-Mobile's 1900MHz preference affects my usage in decently constructed buildings (and some vehicles).
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2009-03-12 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    It could also be because of network-related issues, does these slow speeds happen on any other device you use with T-Mobile?

I've been getting 120-180 kbps at home (which is still decently good compared to AT&T's EDGE network in my area), but when I'm farther away from town, in between towns, etc. I'm getting some bad speeds. Pretty sure that's because of the distance to native T-Mobile towers and T-Mobile's 1900MHz preference affects my usage in decently constructed buildings (and some vehicles).
    Good idea. I forgot to even try it with another phone. I live in Bethlehem, Pa so this is a pretty active tmobile area. Sometimes it'll hit like 150kilobits but most around 60 or so.

If you think kilobytes then around 5 to 20 at most

good idea. I forgot to

i want to get an iphone my friend is going to trade me her 1st gen for my sidekick LX (the original one) and i was wondering if my unlimtd txt data will work on the iphone. my plan now is unimtd txt data and lik 400 mins. the iphone has already ben hacked and jailbroken and it works with the internet.

if you got the sidekick data plan itll work once u put in the correct info,sorry but my youtube account got suspended due to the fact i uploaded videos from an event i went to on vacation aka copy right so the video is gone

but it does work i am still using my sidekick data

Works perfectly

All you need is your APN Settings which can be entered in your Settings.

the APN is hiptop.t-mobile.com
    Username and pass is: dummy

Enjoy!

^^ does that info still work?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

user and pass is dummy? don't you mean guest? why would they make it dummy lol

if that works im gonna call my fried and have him try that. can anyone confirm?
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

worked fine...i tried it this morning.just got rid of my sidekick lx and i'm happy i get to keep my email address from there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    user and pass is dummy? don't you mean guest? why would they make it dummy lol

if that works im gonna call my fried and have him try that. can anyone confirm?
    Some have used dummy as the user/pass with success, while some had to use guest as the user/pass.

I think there were even a few users that managed to not input a user or pass (used on the APN) and gained access.

I tested this last night with the guess user/pass method. Everything worked. I was stunned. I wish I had tested this before giving up the grandfathered $20/month Sidekick plan to the Total Internet Plan and Unlimited Texting plans.

Oh well.