Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Not Working!! HELP!!!

Default iPhone Not Working!! HELP!!!
    ok so i unlocked with yellowsn0w when it was released. everything was working great up until last thursday when i was at work and my phone said "searching and no service" which isnt unusual seeing as i never get a signal at my job anyway. When i left work it still said the same thing. Please help, ive done everything....reset, restore, ive also done all the things people have mentioned on the dev-team blogs...airplane mode, reinstalling yellowsn0w.....ughhhh nothing works! im on 2.2 and 2.28 baseband. I also tried a valid ATT sim, it got service for like 15 seconds and then it said "no service"......weird! Ive also gone to Tmobile and tried 3 new sim cards. HELP!

I'd advise you to do a fresh restore with factory 2.2 FW and start over with the Jailbreak process and then installing yellowsn0w, but I guess you've already tried that so:

Quote Originally Posted by flavaflorida View Post
    I also tried a valid ATT sim, it got service for like 15 seconds and then it said "no service"......weird! Ive also gone to Tmobile and tried 3 new sim cards. HELP!
    Based on that last statement, I'd put the AT&T SIM back and take it to an Apple store to see what is wrong, could be something with the phone's antenna, who knows... what is happening to you is very unusual.

i cant exactly do that, seeing as i didnt buy the phone from apple or att.......or can i? im not sure? and the sim was my friends that has att, i just decided to try that and see if it worked. im trying a factory 2.2 fw restore. i realized that i did a custom 2.2 fw before, so that may be the problem. ill let u know what happens, thanks for the feedback

ok so i restored and installed yellowsnow. i get full service with tmobile carrier logo, but no edge symbol. no in/out calls as well as no text....whats the deal? anyone have a solution? i also installed bossprefs, and there is N/A next to the edge symbol...
    Last edited by flavaflorida; 2009-02-26 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well at least there was some improvement on the "No Service" issue.
    As I do not have a 3G, I am all out of ideas.