Results 1 to 6 of 6

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: help me out! here

  1. #1
    Default help me out! here
    i got a iphone 3g with the latest update 2.2.1 n its jail broken, i want to put my tmobile sim card from my sidekick the only problem is that the internet doesnt work n the mms using swirlymms. i changed my sidekick plan to a unlimited web n messages for 34.99, would it work with that plan on my iphone, n what settings do i need to change to make it work???
    i could receive/send texts n make/receive calls only.
    oh yea iam using a ismartphone sim unlock card.
    have they been able to unlock 2.2.1 version yet without using a sim unlock card??

  2. #2
    You have to change the APN.
    With that internet plan, use internet2.voicestream.com.
    If you wanted to use the sidekick plan, use hiptop.t-mobile.com

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Are you able to get voice? I ask only because you may have updated the modem firmware too high. (I dont know off the top of my head what you should have, but if you DO get voice we can eliminate the possibility of a too far upgraded firm.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Are you able to get voice? I ask only because you may have updated the modem firmware too high. (I dont know off the top of my head what you should have, but if you DO get voice we can eliminate the possibility of a too far upgraded firm.
    yes iam able to call n receive calls, sms only no mms using swirly mms, no internet,i have 2.2.1 n 02.30.03 modem, the only way i found to make this work is by turning roaming on, i havent found no other better way to fix this.

    Quote Originally Posted by joefx13 View Post
    You have to change the APN.
    With that internet plan, use internet2.voicestream.com.
    If you wanted to use the sidekick plan, use hiptop.t-mobile.com
    yes, but the only way i found to making this work on a 2.2.1 02.30.03 modem is by turning on data roaming, but i want to know if by doing this would i get charge extra for roaming.
    Last edited by wesk1; 2009-02-23 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wesk1 View Post
    yes iam able to call n receive calls, sms only no mms using swirly mms, no internet,i have 2.2.1 n 02.30.03 modem, the only way i found to make this work is by turning roaming on, i havent found no other better way to fix this.



    yes, but the only way i found to making this work on a 2.2.1 02.30.03 modem is by turning on data roaming, but i want to know if by doing this would i get charge extra for roaming.

    You have to turn data roaming on or it wont work. You dont get charged for roaming unless you roam in another country. I decided to go with the prepaid sidekick plan this weekend since it will cost me about the same if not less and ill have unlimited SMS/MMS.

    APN: hiptop.t-mobile.com
    User: dummy
    Pass: dummy



    Now I just need to figure out how to get MMS working and ill be set.
    Last edited by MikesTooLz; 2009-02-24 at 01:22 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MikesTooLz View Post
    Now I just need to figure out how to get MMS working and ill be set.
    have u try swirlymms? i used it, its a good program.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikesTooLz View Post

    APN: hiptop.t-mobile.com
    User: dummy
    Pass: dummy
    well that would only work if iam using a sidekick but like i change my services it wont work for me, so iam using epc.tmobile.com n, i tested the speed it was 70kbps n i turn the 3g on n it increased it to 107kps...weird.
    Last edited by wesk1; 2009-02-24 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •