Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T - Mobile Internet Configuration for Iphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Awww, someone told me Web2go was 9.99.

Banned
    Thanks
    I started out with T Mobile 2 years ago when I bought my Dash. i bought the 300 minute plan for 20 dollars a month and the unlimited internet for 30 dollars a month. When I first got my 2g iphone, I used wap.voicestream.com in the apn settings. then i tried the epc.tmobile.com and I have to say that both work for me.

Ok I have an Iphone 3G jailbroken and I am trying to get my Tmobile internet connection to work on my phone. Right now I pay $20 for internet so I know I have it. I was reading some of the responses above and it says you need to type in the APN link. My phone only has VPN. What is the difference and why don't I see APN? Thanks! Please let me know how to get my internet connection back, Thanks!

Default Did you look in here
    Setting > General > Network > Cellular Data Network
    try that

Cellular Data Network does not show up when I go to settings > general > network...

by the way can I only get edge internet speed or can I get 3G speed for tmobile? And I also thought 3G has real web browsing?

Quote Originally Posted by rossmiester View Post
    Cellular Data Network does not show up when I go to settings > general > network...

by the way can I only get edge internet speed or can I get 3G speed for tmobile? And I also thought 3G has real web browsing?
    You need to install the carrier settings for T-Mobile, you can't get 3G because the radio signals are different from AT&T's. You get the real web experience on Wi-Fi or EDGE

7. The Following User Says Thank You to arich For This Useful Post:

rossmiester (2009-07-21)

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossmiester View Post

You can't get 3G speed using an iphone with a T-Mobile Sim card because the frequencies are different. The Iphone does 3g at 1900 mhz, Tmobile uses 1700 and 2100, at the same time. The Iphone is not able to do 3g on T-mobile.
    It would be like trying to listen to AM radio with an FM only radio

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillMatic For This Useful Post:

przeman25 (2009-11-17), rossmiester (2009-07-21)

Okay sweet thanks for the reply. I got the EDGE to work but when I search with Safari on my iPhone I get the cell phone web pages not the actual web page. For example, if I go to videogames.com it shows me the videogames.com cell phone version of the web page which is not the actual videogames.com web site if I were to search on my computer. How come I can't get the actual web pages to show up?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thats a good question. I had a 2g iphone and sold it and copped a 3g only to break it the next day. But when I did have my 2g this problem never happened except for when I used the eBay App.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gautam View Post
    If anybdy know how to configure the tmobile internet please post it here

thanks
    go tmobile website to your account use a tmobile phone to add a data plan for 9.99 (now free for the first month) after that put your sim card back in your iphone, go to settings-general-network-celular data network-apn write internet2.voicestream.com and try your web browser. For me works perfect.

Thanks

Cool Tmobile Internet
    Well i have iPhone 3g 3.1.2 tmobile web2go and Internet 2.voicestream worka perfectly and mmms as well if you have problems with this serio look in Google carrierr settings the best one wchich i find was on cydia source sinfulliphone .

have you tried epc.tmobile.com that works good for me and username and password blank

try to reboot your phone

Banned
    Thanks
    I ran into a bunch of problems with my iPhone 3g. Not being able to acces the net unless I was on wifi and in the setting, there wasn't even a tab where I could input my carrier or Internet settings. Relunctly I restored my firmware from 3.1 to 3.1.2 and used the sinfuliphone repo to get the carrier settings for mms and tethering for 3.1.3. I have not had a probl yet. Phone is working flawless. Sin has thee best iPhone site on the net hands down. You should go check it out.

Thumbs up Configuration
    This is the configuration that is currently working for me as of December 14 2009, it might change so good luck.
    I'm using an iPhone 3G with the 3.1.2 firmware
    apn: wap.voicestream.com
    mmsc : http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    max size of mms: 1048576
    I don't think the max size of the mms should affect it, but that's how it is set on mine

Good luck!

Banned
    Thanks
    The repo from sinfuliphone has the one touch setting depending on your phone. It works flawlessly.

i have a tmobile plan is the even more plus for my touch and i put the sim on my iphone and its not working how can i fixe

Quote Originally Posted by flaco675 View Post
    i have a tmobile plan is the even more plus for my touch and i put the sim on my iphone and its not working how can i fixe
    T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid bundle.

T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Data/Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS)

Any issues, post in that thread using the "Asking for Help Format."

I use tmobile prepaid on my iphone , input apn as internet2.voicestream.com and user/pass as blank just like Kyle Matthews said. It worked my first try!

I don't have Internet for my iPhone yet and it's the 3Gs version (factory unlocked) and my question is this:

what Internet plan should I get?
    I only wanna use safari and app store. My friend said to get the 10 dollar one but then Again he's really stupid

which T-Mobile Internet plan will work and how much will it cost?
    I really don't want spend that much on an Internet plan

thank you in advance - hiro

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast