Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T - Mobile Internet Configuration for Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Go to Settings->General->Network->Edge. These settings SHOULD work:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    No username/password.

Hope that helps!
    even though this thread is a year old.... THANK YOU!!!

oohwops...First you need to find out wha internet plan you have with tmobile (19.99 or 5.99 tzones). Then you need to install the correct hacks from the installer menu.. but first things first, what internet plan do u have?

is this thread a joke? there are like 500 other threads regarding issues with tmobile tzone or total internet... and most of them contain a usable solution. i'm sorry, i don't want to be an ***, but seriously, have you tried looking through the forum?

if you dont have anything constructive to say, then dont bother wasting peoples time. they are here to find solutions that they obviously havent found before.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

one other fix i have found is go to t-mobile and get a new sim card. the old ones have issues with the iPhone. make sure it is the most recent sim available. Worked for some friends of mine. hope this helps.

LLori998
    Quote Originally Posted by f00fighters View Post
    even though this thread is a year old.... THANK YOU!!!
    So this is great. But i have a simple question:

1) I can get on the internet using my motorola wireless network at the office.

2) I can't get on the interenet unless i'm in a hotspot, or wifi, or whatever.

3) when i used to have a sidekick (which is the plan i have now for the internet), i could get on the internet no matter where i was... now i can't?

should i be able to get on the interenet while driving - using the tmobile phone line? (or whatever you call it)

Thanks!
    Lori

LLori998
    Quote Originally Posted by LLori998 View Post
    So this is great. But i have a simple question:

1) I can get on the internet using my motorola wireless network at the office.

2) I can't get on the interenet unless i'm in a hotspot, or wifi, or whatever.

3) when i used to have a sidekick (which is the plan i have now for the internet), i could get on the internet no matter where i was... now i can't?

should i be able to get on the interenet while driving - using the tmobile phone line? (or whatever you call it)

Thanks!
    Lori

can anyone help with this question? should i be able to use my interenet if i'm NOT in a wifi area? it's really frusterating...

thanks,
    Lori

Just go to network and on the APN put epc.tmobile.com, it should work now

If you've always had EDGE but all of a sudden it stops working, it's because TMObile changed their IP address and stopped it from working, wap.voicestream.com seems like it doesn't work any longer. I've came up with this and it worked for me, so hopefully it'll work for you. Go into Setting, then Network, hit EDGE and change your APN to epc.tmobile.com and then leave the password and username blank, this should fix the problem. Good Luck.

LLori998
    Quote Originally Posted by kapricorn View Post
    If you've always had EDGE but all of a sudden it stops working, it's because TMObile changed their IP address and stopped it from working, wap.voicestream.com seems like it doesn't work any longer. I've came up with this and it worked for me, so hopefully it'll work for you. Go into Setting, then Network, hit EDGE and change your APN to epc.tmobile.com and then leave the password and username blank, this should fix the problem. Good Luck.
    hey everyone~

Thanks for the feedback. Apperently i had the sidekick plan - which will not work - i had them change it to the total internet package and it worked perfectly! The girl at tmobile helped me - which was super nice.

So, let me just take a moment to say how effing AWESOME my iphone is... i LOVE IT TO DEATH and cannot imagine how i survived before it!
    haha

Thanks everyone!
    Lori

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LLori998 For This Useful Post:

Squad51 (2009-07-21)

I have the SK plan and my iphone works fine.

My iphone doesn't have a setting for edge, it only has vpn, wifi, and some other setting, but no place for edge, or to enter an apn. fw 2.1, why is this missing? The E is in the top left corner, what am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ltent View Post
    My iphone doesn't have a setting for edge, it only has vpn, wifi, and some other setting, but no place for edge, or to enter an apn. fw 2.1, why is this missing? The E is in the top left corner, what am I doing wrong?
    APN setting is in :

Setting > General > Network > Cellular Data Network

hope that helps
    2006 Honda CBR600RR

doesn't have that either, what am i missing?

So does it Have to be T-Zones or the $19.99 one?

I've a 1st Gen. Running on 2.1firmware

sorry to bump this. I don't have an EDGE option in my Settings > Network. I barely upgraded to 2.2.1 on a 2g 8GB. Does that matter? Sorry i'm new.

Default Need any help with tmobile settings and iphone

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ModRacer View Post
    So does it Have to be T-Zones or the $19.99 one?

I've a 1st Gen. Running on 2.1firmware
    T-Zones is not available anymore. Web2Go will not work so you have to have their smartphone data plan. I've heard it's 24.95/was 19.95

Quote Originally Posted by ltent View Post
    doesn't have that either, what am i missing?
    In Cydia you can add an app called "APN Editing" by BigBoss. It will add these settings.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-05-25 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

redrazr
    Good info here, this should be stickied lol.

So here's my take on this.

I have an iphone 2G 4GB and I was lucky enough to have subscribed to T-Zones before they discontinued it. So I only pay $5.99 a month with epc.tmobile.com under my APN settings, everything else blank.

My GF just bought an iPhone 2G 8GB and she never signed up for t-zones. So she signed up for the new package bundle with unlimited (any) messaging and unlimited (basic) web access 'Web2Go' (aka... the 'new' t-zones, so to speak) for $19.99 which is $5 more than the unlimited messaging service. The setting that worked for her is internet2.voicestream.com

Hope this info is useful.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast