Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Everyone on Tzones $5.99 a little advice

Arrow Everyone on Tzones $5.99 a little advice
    Ok guys, I recently just added tzones $5.99 succesfully through the online chat on tmobile website .. thanks guys =)

Now here is the situation.
    iphone 2g 2.2.1

-epc apn didnt work for me
    -wap worked, but I thought i read somewhere on here you might get charged for using it~~> i think i was wrong.
    -so i thought i needed the tzones hack, downloaded it from cydia,
    and now i have no apn option in general/network settings.
    -Now i have no internet connection at all.

Here are my questions:
    1. How the heck do I get my apn settings back??

2. If I do get it back, what is the best apn to use? What are you guys using??? Will you get charged extra on any of them?

3. Why didn't the tzones hack work?

btw before I added the 5.99 i was on the total internet plan and I could get a wifi connection from my neighbor, now im not getting one at all ....do you think that has something to do wtih the tzone plan/or hack or mayb i just need to go to a wifi hot spot?

I'm still kinda new to all this, any insight or advice would be MUCH appreciated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

1;Check in cydia there should be an app to get network settings back

2 You can use any apn , as long as it works .You wont get charged extra , tzones is unlimited data

3: How long did you wait after getting tzones ??? It might take up to a day for it to kick in.

thanks so much! its been 2 days and i got no connection. I'm gonna go to barnes and nobles today to get a wifi connection and try to get this working ill post back with update

ok my wifi started working. went into cydia added the apn edit and my apn settings came back. i tryed epc, reboot didnt work . i tryed wap, voicestream2, voicestream3, nothing is working!!! help !! also i looked in cydia and the tzones hack isnt there now ???

what am i doing wrong! did tmobile just do something to there 5.99 tzones so you cant use it?
    Last edited by JK17; 2009-02-15 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

epc is the best apn right now.You really dont need t-zones hack to get it to work , at least you didnt .
    Try inserting your sim in another tmobile phone and see if tzones will work and then back in your iphone .Also i would check mytmobile.com to make sure they added tzones.

The best process I have found so far is:

Get your T-Zones(or what ever they call it now) active on your phone number.

Use that sim in a T-Mobile branded phone(just to check that T-Zones is functional).

Then, uninstall the T-Zones hack if you have it, make sure you have the APN setting option, if not download the Patch off Cydia.

Then use the epc APN.

I am using voicestream2 and it works just like the EPC.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848