Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help

Default Need help
    Alright I just purchased an iphone 3G but the plans suck as all you might know. Well I'm about to return the phone and just get it without at&t service and jailbreak it so i could use a t-mobile sim. Now what I would like to know is if I do use a t-mobile sim can i get the G1 package and would it work smoothly as far as 3G connection and all. Thanks in advance!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tmobile 3g will not work with the iPhone. They r different bands. Look for a 2g iPhone, they have not upgraded the base band in a long time so they are much easier to unlock.

Damn that sucks because i have the 3g iphone already and want to make full use of it, is that possible at all??? Is there any provider I could use with 3g, that would work with the 3g iphone?

AT&T, but I'm sure you didn't want to hear that....sry

You can unlock the iphone 3G as long as it has not been updated to the new legal 2.2.1 firmware. If you are still on 2.2, then you can jailbreak it using quickpwn then add the repository of the dev team (http:blog.iphone-dev.org) and install yellowsn0w. Once installed, your iphone will be unlocked and you will be able to use it with T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by satch2501 View Post
    You can unlock the iphone 3G as long as it has not been updated to the new legal 2.2.1 firmware. If you are still on 2.2, then you can jailbreak it using quickpwn then add the repository of the dev team (http:blog.iphone-dev.org) and install yellowsn0w. Once installed, your iphone will be unlocked and you will be able to use it with T-Mobile
    thats not the repository it is their blog

their repository will either be built in or under "more package sources"