Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do i update my original unlocked iphone?

Default how do i update my original unlocked iphone?
    hi,

how do i update my original unlocked iphone?

i'm lost w/ all the new updates and not sure what to do or where to search here on the forums.

how do i back up my phonebook and other info?

mac only.
    use t-mobile.
    use hotmail for email, how do i get that to work for the mail icon?
    what other good downloads am i missing?

thanks so much for the help.
    Last edited by jjd1979; 2009-02-14 at 07:38 AM. Reason: forgot to add...

All you need to do is connect it with itunes, then click back up. Once you've backed up your iphone you'll want to hit the update button. Let it update to the most current version 2.2.1

If you have a iphone 3G, you need to click and download this and use a custom FW: http://iphone-dev.fgv6.net/PwnageTool_2.2.5.dmg

If you have a 1st gen Iphone you'll need to click and download this: http://iphone-dev.fgv6.net/QuickPwn_2.2.5.dmg

Once your iphone is updated you will you use quickpwn or pwnagetool depending on your phone. The instructions from there are pretty straight forward.

Here is a link from the Dev-Team Blog that could help if you need anything more: Dev-Team Blog - Close the stable door!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    !!Click Thanks!!

Thanks

Here's a good guide to follow to determine which system is best for you: CLICK HERE

There are a lot of variables depending on your current iPhone (2G or 3G), Platform (Mac or Windows), etc.

I see you're on a Mac but even the OS can make a difference (mainly 10.5.6).

Follow the above flow chart to see what particulars apply to you, and it'll give you a link whereby you can download exactly what you need for want you want to do. Do read through the guide first though to make sure everything does indeed apply to you.

It can be a bit of a minefield at 1st but the above should make it fairly straight forward.

Any problems and there's plenty here who can help.
    Last edited by iGuy; 2009-02-14 at 05:11 PM.

Is this still the latest info?

Thanks!