Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google locater not working with edge

Default Google locater not working with edge
    help i have a 1.1.4 unlocked iphone using ziphone 2.5 on t-mobile network. everything works fine except google locater wont locate me when im on edge. with wifi it works fine. can anybody help me with this?

try turning yu phone off and turn it back on. This worked for me.

If that does not work, follow these steps:

Go to Settings-->General-->Reset-->Reset All Network Settings

This should also work hopefully

i tried that and still it doesnt work. the search functions works but when i use the google locater it just tells me your location cannot be determined and i tried this at every location.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phumtruong View Post
    ...and i tried this at every location.
    Every location? You must travel a lot! I have only tested it around Minneapolis. And works everywhere around here.

well not nationwide, but like at work, home etc.

works for me....

bmp1064 can you please tell us what you did with your iphone to see what we did differently? did you get it, and jailbreak with ziphone 2.6? is there anyway you can copy your files and upload so we can replace ours to see if it works? because as for me, the same thing happened. wifi will locate me, but tmobile edge will not located me.

To be honest I don't know how it was unlocked. I bought it off ebay. But I was having problems with tzones so called tmobile and talked to them I have went with the 19 99 Internet. Everything works great now. So try calling tmobile. Best bet. Hope this helps.

And yes it is jailbroken with 1.1.3 firmware
    Last edited by bmp1064; 2008-03-16 at 04:21 AM.