Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS and the Blue Dot

iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Thanks

Default GPS and the Blue Dot
    Hi guys, I have a 3G on firmware 2.2, modem firmware 02.28.00

I have never gotten the blue dot when ever I am out side or anywhere. I used apps such as TrackThing and GPS tracker, but my GPS never pin points me to my exact location.

Has anyone else ever noticed this, it seems the most accurate it has been was to about 400 feet. Is it just me or is my iPhone broken?

my phone pinpoints me to like the EXACT spot. give or take maybe 10feet.

and im just using google maps.

Thanks

damn, then i guess mine is broken. Could the GPS reciever just break like that lol.

Do you have a SIM inserted? For a while I was messing with a 3G with no SIM and it didn't work until I restored then put a SIM in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Do you have a SIM inserted? For a while I was messing with a 3G with no SIM and it didn't work until I restored then put a SIM in.
    oh yeah its defently in there, im thinking of taking it in. Only thing im scared of is if the replacements have the new 2.2.1 firmware.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crouching View Post
    damn, then i guess mine is broken. Could the GPS reciever just break like that lol.
    well if it NEVER worked it is possible that it didn't break, but rather it never functioned properly. Is taking it to Apple out of the question?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

No I want to take it there, just got to make sure they don't have the newest modem firmware

I have the original iphone on firmware 2.2.1, my roommate in college has the 3G on the same firmware, yet his maps have the blue gps dot and when I asked him he didn't know how I could get it on my phone...is there any way for me to get the blue gps dot to work on my maps application or is it only for the 3G??? Thanks!

Thanks

Any updates, still not working for me

Quote Originally Posted by crouching View Post
    Any updates, still not working for me
    Uh you can try taking it to apple and if you're worried about them having the 2.2.1 baseband on the replacement iphone they are going to give you, I read somewhere you can downgrade it now.