Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there something wrong with Edge?

Default Is there something wrong with Edge?
    I'm having trouble with Edge connection. I live in orange county/la area and I have tzones that has been working smoothly for me since the last couple of months with 1.1.4 firmware. However this last week or so, the Edge connection has been really spotty more often than not. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning it works but as soon as I step out of the house it stops. At first i thought that it was location dependent but I tried using it when it works like in the car but then I turn on the engine and check it again and it's unable to start again. The "E" is always turned on. Since then, it's sporadically connects. Does anyone know is this a cell tower problem with transmitting data depending on location or is it my iphone?

i have the same issue,i am guessing it might be location cause at my house no issues at all with edge,then if i go to this place in long island mall it gets crappy edge,when i left there went to the airport it was working great there..

sidekick data plan btw you?

Naw I have tzones for only 5.99/month and it's the greatest feeling in the world...when it's working :P

i am guessing it is a service isue around certain areas.

just switched my APN to epc.tmobile.com and EDGE is working again. I've been using wap.voicestream.com all this time and I'm starting to believe that they're phasing it out. Heads up to anyone who has the same problem.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

call up your provider and ask if they are having issues... tell them the issues you are ahving... really the easiest way to tell IMO

Quote Originally Posted by eatingslow View Post
    just switched my APN to epc.tmobile.com and EDGE is working again. I've been using wap.voicestream.com all this time and I'm starting to believe that they're phasing it out. Heads up to anyone who has the same problem.
    OR I can read your latest post
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2009-02-11 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

might just be certain areas like i said man,for example i went out today and no issues at all but everytime i go to this mall in long island nyc it has crazy probs with edge,very slow un responsive until i leave

doubt it is the apn if anything as sidekicks use one apn.

Yeah I agree there are some locations where the data reception is weak but in my case the APN made all the difference because before I had a strong cell signal but Edge data transfer kept going in and out and was slow. Now that I changed it, it's way faster and I haven't had any disconnections yet.

mines don't go out as well only in this one crappy area lol,but hopefully when i go on vacation i can it out of state