Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get T-Zones Added!! Works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After failing to get a hold of a t-mobile customer care rep via live chat, I decided to dial 611 and add tzones via the phone, I took the sim out of my iphone 3G before I called BTW and threw it in a old samsung that is t-zones compatible so things wouldn't look suspicious, from then on I basically said exactly what joefx13 did in his first post on this thread except I reworded it a little bit:
    Hello. I called Tmobile Customer care last Saturday (which I truthfully did, for this exact purpose) and the Gentleman informed me that he would be able to add Tzones onto my account. The plan was "TZUNL599". As i look into my account, It shows that he added a different feature, the Web2go for $9.99, If you could add the Tzone feature, as he didnt. Then id Appreciate it. Thanks!

After that the rep who's name was Mike (I think) said that he wasn't sure if he could still add Tzones as it expired back in November of last year, I then asked him if I could give him the code so perhaps he would be able to locate it in the database, he obliged and I spelled out <TZUNL599> seconds later he said he found it and added it to my line and removed the web2go, please note Tzones will show up on your account as Tmobile Web, which is still $5.99, thanks a lot joefx13, and it feels good to be back at MMI after a six month absence!

I had no problems adding T-zones to my account, I think largely due to the fact that I have had them for over 6 years now, so I got grandfathered in. Good luck to everyone trying to get this, its awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ThousandGrams View Post
    Ok so I talked to a T-Mobile Rep via webchat and they said it wasn't called t-zones anymore but called web2go and unlimited web and text is $19.95. I'm currently on the smart phone plan $35 and they knew I had an iPhone but told them I was downgrading to my Nokia 6133 (when I signed up for t-mobile) to save some money. Do I still have to do the hack or do I just sign up for the service and keep my APN settings?
    Just sign up and use your current APN. No hack needed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joefx13 For This Useful Post:

ThousandGrams (2009-03-26)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I must be jinxed for real! No matter the route I take I get the run around and the reps will not add it... I almost got lucky the last time I was in the chat, dude seemed like he was going to add it but then said that because I have flexpay that he could not add it for me because I would have to pay in advance for it and he gave me a number to call a rep. I can not get by on this 100 MB cap! SMH

Quote Originally Posted by rwfanatic View Post
    I must be jinxed for real! No matter the route I take I get the run around and the reps will not add it... I almost got lucky the last time I was in the chat, dude seemed like he was going to add it but then said that because I have flexpay that he could not add it for me because I would have to pay in advance for it and he gave me a number to call a rep. I can not get by on this 100 MB cap! SMH
    It wont work on flexpay. But if possible. Add $7 into your flex account. So they can take the payment out of that if need be, while using online chat.

Green Apple
    Thanks

^ I asked the rep in the chat if he could do that cause I have $10 available but he said no. And some people said that it will work with flexpay, why do you think it won't?

Quote Originally Posted by rwfanatic View Post
    ^ I asked the rep in the chat if he could do that cause I have $10 available but he said no. And some people said that it will work with flexpay, why do you think it won't?
    My understanding is that ONE person was successful adding the 5.99 tzones because he upgraded his account to a $49.99 plan AND had an annual contract. Read his convo with the rep and you'll understand. Unless you're willing to do that, flexpay is a no-go.

Also, Everything on Flexpay has a different promo code starting with "FP". So the TZUNL599 wouldnt work with flexpay.

Exclamation TZONES GONE for good.. =(
    Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
    All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
    You have been connected to CSR.
    CSR: Hi *ME*!
    Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Web Support. My name is ******** I will be assisting you. How are you today?
    ME: I'm doing well, thanks for asking.
    CSR: I understand that you need to add Internet to your phone.
    ME: yes that is correct
    CSR: can you give me a moment to veiw the notes that the rep left do you remember what day it was so that i can find it quickly.
    ME: no i do not sorry.
    CSR: That is fine give me a moment
    CSR: looking over the account i show that we were to add teh 9.99 100 mb Web 2 go internet i am not seeing the notes refereing to the 5.99 t-zones and code.
    ME: yes i called earlier but they said the only plan they had currently was the web2go
    ME: for 9.99$
    ME: but i was told i could add the 5.99$ plan if i used the code "TZUNL599"
    ME: as a reference
    CSR: I am not able to see that in the notes as i can not add it becasue the feature has been grandfathered.
    ME: i see
    ME: but can you add it though?
    CSR: Do the feature is not longer available it was replaced with the Web2Go
    ME: yes I understand this
    ME: but I was told that it could still be added if i was to ask a customer rep to look up this code
    CSR: Okay i do apologize but the code is no longer available also this is techincal support.
    ME: i see, so you do not have the ability to add any mobile services to my account?
    CSR: Yes we can add service but only if they are availbe
    ME: That is weird, I was told it could still be added..even as of today.
    CSR: I do apologize but i do not see that in the notes and we are to note any promises to the cusomter in the notes.
    ME: well i called awhile back
    ME: it was not in a online chat
    CSR: I understand and it does not have to be a chat for me to see the notes any activity that you call in on your account is noted and i can view it back to the day you started service.
    ME: could you please try to enter TZUNL599 for the promo code?
    CSR: The code is valid it just is not avaible to use in the system
    ME: so the plan does exist...but it cannot be used?
    CSR: It can not be used but it did once exist.
    ME: It cannot be used, but does that mean
    ME: it can still be added?
    CSR: Not at this time becasue the T-zones was replaced by web2go
    ME: could you try anyways?
    ME: I really want the service
    CSR: Yes give me a moment
    ME: but do not wish to get web2go
    CSR: I did try to add it and the code say expired.
    CSR: It said SOC TZUNL599 for sale from 10/01/06 to 11/22/08. Expired
    CSR: That pops up on the screen
    ME: But I understand that even though it has expired and has now been replaced by the plan web2go with limited capabilities and raised to $9.99, that it could still be added somehow?
    CSR: The feature is expired it can not be added to the account at this time.
    CSR: I guess it is because so many people are wanting to add it because of a posting on the internet
    CSR: Statign with this code you can still have the feature added.
    ME: So you are saying that they got the feature to add to their account despite it being expired?
    CSR: Yes they were but we go a note on our message board to no longer add the feature because of this forum
    ME: don't you think that is a little unfair?
    CSR: The feature was nto to be added after it expired after 11/2/08 but some did get thru but now they are making it know that the feature is not to be added.
    ME: wouldn't tmobile lose more customers that way?
    ME: because i would have already switched to at&t for their iphone had not tmobile's rate been so good
    CSR: No we are not because the people that had it before it expired still have it and the people that are getting now like the new features.
    CSR: I show that you are using the Iphone with our service now.
    ME: the people that had it before it expired..yes they still have the service.. because i know that my sister is on the tzone plan
    CSR: Yes and as long as she do not take it off her plan she will continue to ge the 5.99 t-zones.
    CSR: ONce she remove it she will not longer have the option to get the 5.99 t-zones
    ME: thats what the previous cs told me as well
    ME: i even tried to switch her service over to mine
    ME: but he said it wouldnt work out
    CSR: It will not work that way that is correct
    CSR: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?
    ME: not of this moment... only thing i wanted was to add the service to my account.
    CSR: Well i do apologize that service can not longer be added.
    CSR: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Chat, and thanks for being part of our family.
    ME: Thank you for your time and patience
    CSR: Your welcome *ME*
    ME: Have a nice day.
    Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

So as you can see from our chat, that I was unsuccessful in my 6th attempt to add this service (called in 3 times, used different phones and sims, and 3 times online chat). But I did manage to squeeze a lot of useful information out of the last CSR. I am veryyyyyyyyyyy sad that it can no longer be added and did not wish for the CSR to get in trouble by her boss and ended my conversation.

To reiterate, I believe tmobile will lose lots of NEW POTENTIAL mobile internet service customers not the existing ones. And yes, I am still considering switching carriers because of the lack of service/features that can be added with tmobile.

I hope you tmobile CSRs read that last statement I wrote.
    Last edited by aznboy10cn; 2009-03-30 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try again. Tell them that a CSR gave you the promo code! And put what i put into the Chat Box.

As you can read above, I did state that a CSR gave me the promo code. That was my very first question and this is why she was trying to look up the notes for that date of the code given.
    Last edited by aznboy10cn; 2009-03-30 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aznboy10cn View Post
    As you can read above, I did state that a CSR gave me the promo code. That was my very first question and this is why she was trying to look up the notes for that date of the code given.

Ok. Delete any data plan that you have on your account via online. Then contact Tmobile chat, Tell them a CSR was going to add Tzones onto your account but your internet connection failed so you were disconnected from the CSR. Then tell them that they provided you with the promo code of "TZUNL599" that they were going to add onto your account. Then nicely ask if they can add it for you.
    Whatever you do, Demand that you want Tzones. If they say they dont have it, tell them the rep before told you its still available.

Also, tell them the CSR probably didnt put Tzones into the notes. But she did provide you with the promo code.
    Last edited by joefx13; 2009-03-30 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to joefx13 For This Useful Post:

purplecola (2009-04-06)

Does Tmobile know you are using an iphone?

Default No luck
    A few days ago I requested to have tzones added to my account. The rep that assisted me said that she would add it using plan "TZUNL599" and when I checked my account today, I noticed that it wasn't added. Could you add that for me today?

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
    You have been connected to CSR.
    CSR: Thank You for contacting T-Mobile Chat my name is *CSR*, how may I help you today?
    Me: Hi there, I wish to add tzone to my account
    Me: can you please help me with this?
    CSR: I can understand your concerns over this issue, and I will be more than happy to assist you with this.
    Me: Thank you
    CSR: Ok i am sorry about this but the 5.99 t-zones are no longer offered *ME*.
    Me: could you try looking up "TZUNL599"
    Me: the reference code the previous rep gave me
    Me: and try to add that
    CSR: I am sorry but the t-zones 5.99 is no longer offred it is now web to go. The code does not work anymore *ME*.
    Me: Are you sure? Because the rep before me said it was still available on the system.
    CSR: Yes i am sure *ME*.
    Me: can you just add it please?
    Me: I was told that it can still be added
    CSR: I am sorry that you was misinformed but we are no longer able to add it *ME*.
    Me: But i was provided previously with the promo code "TZUNL599" that it was going to be added
    Me: but they failed to do so
    CSR: I do apologize for that but we are no longer able to add that t-zones anymore *ME*.
    Me: i don't understand, it shouldve already been added
    CSR: I am looking at the account and i am not seeing it *ME*.
    Me: not seeing the tzone plan? or not seeing that it being added to my account already?
    CSR: Both *ME*.
    Me: now how is that possible, the previous rep said it was still in the system somewhere.
    Me: are you still there?
    CSR: Yes i am still here but i am sorry there is nothing we can do.
    Me: Im sorry hear this
    Me: Thank you for your time
    CSR: is there anything else I can help you with today?
    Me: No that is all
    CSR: I would like to thank you for choosing T-Mobile services, and have a great day!

The only mention of the iphone was my first call to them which was taken place three weeks ago asking about the available plans for iphones and blackberries that my family member have. Other than that I did not mention to have tzones added in that call.

When I started wanting the tzones, recently (a couple days ago), i contacted them. But I never specifically said I owned an iphone to them but in one of the chat, they said "I show that you have an iphone on our system". I did not respond to that.

In the last post, I was using a motorola razr and have already changed that on my account online... so I don't think he could detect my other phone.

Did you provide them with the IMEI of your iphone?

I have never provided any IMEI on any phone.

Are you on FlexPay or Contract?

I am on the family plan under contract. Have been a member for over four years.

Are you sure you are not on FlexPay?
    (It has a contract option also)

All I can tell you is that if they are denying it to you several times and other people are still being able to add it successfully, then it is HIGHLY likely that a CSR, at some point, put a note in their system that you have an iPhone.

If that's the case, Game Over.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast