Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get T-Zones Added!! Works.

Keep trying mate.

Attempt #3: Fail

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
    You have been connected to Theresa H.
    Theresa H: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile live chat. My name is Theresa. I'll be more than happy to assist you today.
    Theresa H: May I call you by your name?
    Dolfan16: Hi Theresa. Yes you may. How are you today?
    Theresa H: I am great! How about you, Dolfan16?
    Dolfan16: Very good, Theresa. I was just checking my account today and it seems that tzones was never added to my account as previously thought. Could you help me with this?
    Theresa H: I apologize, Dolfan16. We haven't offered T-Zones for several months. In it's place, we now offer web2go. The free levl allows you to do downloads. We also have paid levels that start at $9.99 per month & gives you browser access. I apologize that I won't be able to add T-Zones for you.
    Theresa H: It seems that you have stepped away from the computer or may be experiencing connection problems. I am disconnecting the chat at this time due to lack of response. If you still require assistance, please feel free to come back into the chat, and we will be glad to help you out. Thanks again for contacting T-Mobile web correspondence.
    Dolfan16: The rep i spoke with a few days ago said there was an active promotion still available using promotion code "TZUNL599" that I would qualify for and that she was going to be adding it to my account. When I checked my account today to see if it was active, it didn't show up. Could you enter that code in and see if I qualify for that promotion? It should stil be available..Thanks.
    Theresa H: I apologize, Dolfan16, that I won't be able to enter this code for you. We no longer offer T-Zones. We do offer web2go, however. I apologize for the misunderstanding of a few days ago.
    Dolfan16: That's Ok, Theresa. Thanks for your assistance today. Have a good weekend!
    Theresa H: Thank you, Dolfan16, for understanding & for being a valued T-Mobile family member. I hope you have a good night!

Quote Originally Posted by dolfan16 View Post
    Attempt #3: Fail

You have been connected to Theresa H.
    Theresa H: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile live chat. My name is Theresa. I'll be more than happy to assist you today.
    Theresa H: May I call you by your name?
    Dolfan16: Hi Theresa. Yes you may. How are you today?
    Theresa H: I am great! How about you, Dolfan16?
    Dolfan16: Very good, Theresa. I was just checking my account today and it seems that tzones was never added to my account as previously thought. Could you help me with this?
    Theresa H: I apologize, Dolfan16. We haven't offered T-Zones for several months. In it's place, we now offer web2go. The free levl allows you to do downloads. We also have paid levels that start at $9.99 per month & gives you browser access. I apologize that I won't be able to add T-Zones for you.
    Theresa H: It seems that you have stepped away from the computer or may be experiencing connection problems. I am disconnecting the chat at this time due to lack of response. If you still require assistance, please feel free to come back into the chat, and we will be glad to help you out. Thanks again for contacting T-Mobile web correspondence.
    Dolfan16: The rep i spoke with a few days ago said there was an active promotion still available using promotion code "TZUNL599" that I would qualify for and that she was going to be adding it to my account. When I checked my account today to see if it was active, it didn't show up. Could you enter that code in and see if I qualify for that promotion? It should stil be available..Thanks.
    Theresa H: I apologize, Dolfan16, that I won't be able to enter this code for you. We no longer offer T-Zones. We do offer web2go, however. I apologize for the misunderstanding of a few days ago.
    Dolfan16: That's Ok, Theresa. Thanks for your assistance today. Have a good weekend!
    Theresa H: Thank you, Dolfan16, for understanding & for being a valued T-Mobile family member. I hope you have a good night!

Did you make sure to change your phone model online?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joefx13 For This Useful Post:

dolfan16 (2009-03-22)

Just so everyone can see for themselves that this is not BS:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaied For This Useful Post:

dolfan16 (2009-03-22)

Quote Originally Posted by joefx13 View Post
    Did you make sure to change your phone model online?
    I sure did, Joe. Anyway I'm pleased to report that...

Attempt #4: HOMERUN!!!!!

You have been connected to Britney D.
    Britney D: Hi dolfan16! How may I help you?
    dolfan16: Hi Britney. How are you today? A few days ago I requested to have tzones added to my account. The rep that assisted me said that she would add it using plan "TZUNL599" and when I checked my account today, I noticed that it wasn't added. Could you add that for me today?
    Britney D: Sure i will be more than happy to add this feature for you today
    dolfan16: Thanks so much.
    Britney D: your welcome
    Britney D: I have successfully added this feature on for you at this time
    dolfan16: She was also supposed to add it to the other line on my family plan. That number is xxx-xxx-xxxx.
    Britney D: Ok if you could give me one moment to pull up this account i will be more than happy to add this feature to this line as well
    dolfan16: Thank you!
    Britney D: your welcome
    Britney D: ok I have successfully added the T-zones unlimited for 5.99 to this line as well
    dolfan16: Great! Thanks so much for your help Britney! One question: Usually, how long does it take for this feature to activate on my accounts?
    Britney D: rite away
    Britney D: Is there anything else that i can assist you with today
    dolfan16: No that's all for today, Britney. Thanks so much for your help. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Britney D: Thank you for dropping by, dolfan16, and have a great day!
    dolfan16: You too!

Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

A special thank you to joefx13 and Zaied for their help! I'll be sending a "thanks" your way immediately!

Two more questions, I believe I'm still signed up for the G1 and Blackberry unlimited web plans so I need to remove these from my account. Should I do this immediately? Also, are there any codes I have to input on the phone to get this going or should I just keep using the web as I've been using it?

Thanks again!!!!

HAH AWESOME! I just hope they don't catch on

I asked the rep to remove my web2go plan. But I believe you can do it yourself on tmobile.com
    Last edited by Zaied; 2009-03-22 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

just do it immediately since you no longer need it, and there is not code. just go to settings, general, network, cellular data, and add epc.tmobile.com than it should work enjoy.

dolfan, what phone is in your Tmobile website profile? Use an old flip phone, like the RAZR.

edit: nm, looks like you got it!

Nice!! It works. Just make sure not to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by skribblz View Post
    just do it immediately since you no longer need it, and there is not code. just go to settings, general, network, cellular data, and add epc.tmobile.com than it should work enjoy.
    It's currently set to wap.voicestream.com and I just tested it. It seems to be working on Edge just like before. Should I change it to epc.tmobile.com anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by farfel View Post
    dolfan, what phone is in your Tmobile website profile? Use an old flip phone, like the RAZR.

edit: nm, looks like you got it!
    Haha. Thanks farfel and skribblz!
    Last edited by dolfan16; 2009-03-22 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Your fine. Keep using WAP. If it stops working, then change it to epc.tmobile.com.

Yes, try epc.tmobile.com as it compresses images (supposedly) for faster loading and it also has more ports open for better internet access to things like youtube.

Ahh. I was always wondering what the difference between the epc.tmobile.com and wap.voicestream.com APNs were. Is epc faster than internet2.voicestream.com or internet3.voicestream.com?

It just depends what area you are located in, and how many users are accessing the port. Supposably EPC is faster, as it compresses images. But i havent seen any difference when i used both APN's.

Ok, so I went into mytmobile.com to remove the $24.99 plans from my account but I could not find any indication of the newly acquired tzones plans on there. I then decided to contact them via chat so I can immediately remove the internet plans and confirm the tzones plans. Here is how my chat went:

You have been connected to Nikki R.
    Nikki R: Hello, thank you for contacting T-Mobile, how are you today?
    dolfan16: Very good Nikki. How are you?
    Nikki R: Im great, thanks.
    Nikki R: You are wanting to remove the G1 plan from the account?
    dolfan16: Excellent. Yes I do. I no longer have the phone and I have a tzones unlimited web plan as well so I have no need for the G1 plan. Could you confirm that for me please?
    Nikki R: Sure. The $24.99 plan is present on the account and I can remove it for you.
    dolfan16: I also need the Blackberry Web plan removed from my other line linked to my family plan because that line has a tzones plan, too. That phone # is xxx-xxx-xxxx.
    Nikki R: Its fine. I can remove both features for you.
    Nikki R: Give me one moment.
    dolfan16: Thank You Nikki. Could you confirm that both lines have the tzones plan as well? I wouldn't want to be without a web plan on the phones.
    Nikki R: Sure.
    Nikki R: Ok the features have been removed from both lines.
    dolfan16: Great! Thanks , Nikki! So just to confirm. Both the G1 and BB web plans have been removed from each line, respectively, but both lines still have the tzones plan linked to them? Correct?
    Nikki R: Correct. The tzones are now web 2 go, and you have the default on both lines.
    dolfan16: Great. Now these are still the $5.99 plans, correct? Also, when does this change go into effect?
    Nikki R: The plans have been removed as of now and you should be able to access the default web2go services on the device.
    dolfan16: Actually, a rep by the name of Briney D. activated the tzones plan for me using the plan "TZUNL599" promotion and had confirmed that the tzones plan was active on my account and the price was $5.99 per month. This is plan your referring to correct?
    Nikki R: Actually this plan doesnt exist any longer. There is only the web2go feature and you have the default on your account as does every device. The tzones plan is no longer in our system.
    dolfan16: How strange? She had confirmed it was the $5.99 plan because plan "TZUNL599" was used. Are you sure that's not being reflected on my account? She had confirmed it?
    dolfan16: Thanks for checking for me!
    dolfan16: Also let me add, she confirmed it was not the $9.99 web2go plan, too
    Nikki R: I do apologize that you were misinformed but the feature is not on the account and it is no longer in our system. We have the new web2go which is the free default service and there is also the $9.99 plan. Unfortunately, the tzones is no longer available. dolfan16: Well, I was confirmed that both my lines had the tzones plan activated to them because of plan TZUNL599. Are you absolutely sure that this code is incorrect and not available to be used on my account?
    dolfan16: Could you please verify this please? I appreciate your help....
    Nikki R: This code is a feature code and is not a promitional code. The feature no longer exist in our system and no one with T-Mobile can update the feature. I do apologize but it no longer exist and is no longer available.
    dolfan16: Hmmm. What's the difference between the free default service and the $9.99 web2go? Any limitations or additional charges for that?
    Nikki R: Provides free access to a mobile marketplace where customers can browse and buy ringtones, wallpaper, games, and additional services.
    Fees apply to most downloadable content such as ringtones, wallpapers, and games.
    Nikki R: The $9.99 -Up to 50MB of mobile web browsing included. Overage is charged at $0.20 per MB, up to $15.00 in overage charges.
    web2go turns the handset into a mobile entertainment and information source.
    Customize the Home Page for personalized access to the web
    Nikki R: along with Domestic 200 SMS, MMS, IM
    Nikki R: And Personal email
    dolfan16: Ok, I already have an unlimited Text plan so this may not be necessary for me. Just to be safe lets keep the g1 and BB unlimited web plans on each line respectively. If I decide to switch to web2go, I'll call or contact t-mobile for that. Could u please add those two features back to my line, please?
    Nikki R: Sure
    dolfan16: Thanks...
    Nikki R: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?
    dolfan16: So things are just the same as before correct? G1 unlimited web plan for xxx-xxx-xxxx and unlimited Blackberry Web plan for xxx-xxx-xxxx, correct?
    Nikki R: Correct
    dolfan16: No that is all for tonight Nikki.
    Nikki R: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Chat, have a great day!
    dolfan16: You too. Have a good evening!

OK....where did I go wrong?

Now, is she just BSing me about the comment that no one @ Tmobile can enter that code in or are all of us just being signed up for default web2go plans and not the tzones plans? What gives?
    Last edited by dolfan16; 2009-03-22 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Spelling errors

Ok. Leave whatever data plan is on there, contact tmobile chat, and enter the text i provided on the 1st post. Web2go is different than Tzones.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to joefx13 For This Useful Post:

dolfan16 (2009-03-22)

My opinion? Go into tmobile.com remove the plans yourself and, unfortunately, start over with getting the tzones plan.

Here we go again...

You have been connected to John F.
    John F: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile; my name is Johnny and I will be assisting you. Please wait while I review your concern.
    John F: Ok, let me pull up your account first.
    dolfan16: Hi John! How are you tonight?
    John F: Doing good, so how are you tonight?
    dolfan16: Very good. Thank you!
    John F: Great! May I ask will I add the feature on this line: xxxxxxxxxx?
    John F: Or for both lines?
    John F: dolfan16, are you still there?
    John F: May I ask which number to I add the feature?
    dolfan16: Yes. And also on my second line tied to my family plan account. The second # is xxx-xxx-xxxx. Also I would like to remove the G1 and BB web packages as well that I currently have connected to my lines.
    John F: Ok, please wait while I do this request for you.
    dolfan16: Sure. Thank you for your help!
    John F: You're welcome! Ok, I have removed the G1 and Blackberry features on your account and I have added the "TZUNL599" feature on both lines on your account.
    John F: Anything else I can help you with?
    dolfan16: Great. Thanks so much for your help. That should be it. Do you know when the changes will show up on my account online?
    John F: You're welcome! I'm glad I was able to help you on that request. The updates on your online account will reflect within 4 hours.
    dolfan16: Excellent. Have a great night and thanks again, John, for your help!
    John F: Again you're welcome!
    John F: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Chat, good night!
    John F: Goodbye!
    dolfan16: Bye!

Let's hope it worked! Oh, and joe, I inputted your text word for word, too...

Let me know how it worked.

Looks like I'm good to go. My mytmobile.com account is showing the $5.99 feature and my iphone's internet is working just fine although I did have to change it to epc.tmobile.com. Hopefully, I'm done.

Thanks again!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast