Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get T-Zones Added!! Works.

Works! Took me two tries. Just tell them that another rep told you it could be added, give the specific code, and don't complicate the story too much. My first time I told them how I used to have T-zones, then it was canceled, blah blah, now I want the grandfathered plan back... FAIL. Keep it simple.

Now I have a grandfathered voice AND data plan. So that's $51 a month for 1000 anytime minutes, free N&W, unlimited data and 200 messages. Not bad!

Here's my successful convo:

You have been connected to Dan August B.
    Dan August B: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile, My name is Dan and I will be assisting you today.
    me: thanks Dan
    Dan August B: As I understand it you want us to add the t-zone feature to your account is that correct Aaron?
    Aaron Wardell: yes it is
    Dan August B: Okay let me check this for you. Please give me a minute.
    me: thanks
    Dan August B: Just for clarity Aaron, you want us to add the feature to this line **********, right?
    me: yes, that's correct
    Dan August B: Okay please give me a minute.
    Dan August B: Aaron the T-zone feature is now added to your line, please be informed that the charge for it is $5.99 per month and it is effective today.
    Dan August B: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?
    me: no, thank you so much. have a great day!
    Dan August B: Thank you for dropping by Aaron, you may now close this chat session. Please feel free to contact us again for whatever query you may have. Have a nice day!

i tried several times, both using chat and calling them. no luck...

Default Success!
    YES I HAD DAN AUGUST B TOO! IT ALSO WORKED FOR ME!!! tmobile has awesome customer service, or maybe i got lucky with DAN.

Default TZones Question..
    so if i enable tzones on my account ill have wireless access on my iphone through it

Quote Originally Posted by Brianblunt View Post
    so if i enable tzones on my account ill have wireless access on my iphone through it
    If you mean internet, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by farfel View Post
    If you mean internet, then yes.
    yes thats what i meant , thank you for the response

I wonder how many people my method has worked for, so far.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joefx13 View Post
    I wonder how many people my method has worked for, so far.
    I know it hasn't worked for me yet and I've tried many, many times.

I'm giving up! I've called numerous times and tried in the chat but all I get are the same responses "We no longer offer that plan and the system will not let me add it" I guess I'm stuck with 100mb. SMH
    Last edited by rwfanatic; 2009-03-19 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I originally had a G1 and a bb curve before I purchased two unlocked/jailbroken iPhones. I now have a contract myfaves family 700 minute plan. I also have a blackberry unlimited web plan and a G1 unlimited web plan which are $24.99 each. Would I be able to downgrade to the tzones $5.99 plan for each phone or would they give me a hard time about downgrading my web plans?

I know I most likely have to go to mytmobile.com and change my phones so I can qualify, correct?

You should be able to downgrade without a problem.

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
    You have been connected to Noriel G.
    Noriel G: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Chat Service. My name is Noriel and I will be assisting you with your concern today.
    Noriel G: I understand you wuold want to add the T- Zone onyour account?
    Sondis Green: Hello Noriel
    Sondis Green: yes
    Noriel G: I know how important for you to add this featire on your account for you to access internet.
    Noriel G: I'll be happy to assist you with that today.
    Sondis Green: ok
    Noriel G: I'll be checking on the feature now Sondis.
    Sondis Green: no problem
    Noriel G: Sondis, may I know your handset?
    Noriel G: It seems that this feature won't fits your rate plan.
    Sondis Green: i have a friend with the same plan and he said he has t-zones on his plan
    Sondis Green: 5.99 month for internet
    Noriel G: Yes, However, this is rarely accessible with the handset units and the rate plan.
    Sondis Green: try to enter TZUNL599 for the Promo code
    Noriel G: I tried to insert it and add it on your account but it says that it did not match your acount type.
    Noriel G: I alraedy did Sondis.
    Sondis Green: why wouldn't it match my account type?
    Noriel G: It's because you should be using a data plan.
    Noriel G: For Motorola RAZR V3 you may use the Web & Message 200 for only 10.00$ a month.
    Noriel G: WE & message Unlimited for $19.95 a month.
    Sondis Green: my friend has the "individual Plus Promotional" plan for 39.99 like i do and he has the 5.99 T-mobileweb
    Noriel G: Maybe you differ handset models.
    Sondis Green: no,same model
    Noriel G: You both have same phone?
    Sondis Green: yes,is there someone you can call and get it added to my plan because he has the same plan with t-mobile for 5.99
    Noriel G: Alright! I am going to try it again for you Sondis.
    Sondis Green: thank you Norial
    Sondis Green: Noriel
    Noriel G: Still Sondis it won'y fit your acount.
    Sondis Green: very strange
    Sondis Green: did you use the TZUNL599 promo code?
    Noriel G: Yes, I tried to insert that on your account but it won't match your account.
    Noriel G: I even tried the Pro TZUNL999, still won't work.
    Sondis Green: no not 999
    Sondis Green: TZUNL599
    Noriel G: Yes, but i just tried it wstill won't fit.
    Noriel G: I have tried using that Sondis,
    Sondis Green: I see
    Noriel G: Would you rather consider the data plan that was available for you?
    Sondis Green: what plans are available?
    Sondis Green: just curious
    Noriel G: I am sorry that data feature.
    Noriel G: Web & message Unlimited for $19.95 a month.
    Noriel G: Web & Message 200 for only 10.00$ a month.
    Sondis Green: thats too expensive
    Noriel G: I am sorry but that's the only available feature that I and you could add on your account.
    Sondis Green: when you say web & message 200,what do you mean by "message" ?
    Noriel G: That's text, email and picture messaging.
    Noriel G: Plus the fact that you can use Internet.
    Sondis Green: but i already have text
    Noriel G: I see, for overages use.
    Sondis Green: well,i'll have to hold off on it as i had my heart set on 5.99 as i am on a budget
    Noriel G: I apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you.
    Noriel G: I mean the inconvenience you have experienced regarding this matter.
    Noriel G: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?
    Sondis Green: noo,thank you
    Noriel G: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Chat, I am sorry we weren't able to fully resolve your issue.
    Sondis Green: by
    Sondis Green: bye
    Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

what did i do wrong here? i'm in the T-mobile flex pay plan 39.99 month 600 min free nights and weekends

unlimited text 14.99
    Last edited by morpheousx; 2009-03-20 at 07:16 PM. Reason: wrong text

Change your phone online to something older that allows Tzones. Also, your not on flexpay, right.

You should be able to downgrade without a problem.
    Thanks joefx13 for your quick reply..

Pardon me as I just purchased our iPhones and joined this forum recently therfore I'm rather new to all this...

Ok, just so I understand, the $5.99 tzones web plan works the same as my $24.99 G1 or $24.99 Blackberry unlimited web plan allowing me to use unlimited safari internet, access unlimited email, unlimited google maps including GPS and every other app available on the iphone for just $19 less per phone with no strings attached? If this is the case, I'm switching to tzones if I can get past the CSR's and upgrading my voice plan (I need more whatever minutes; my wife switched to tmobile from metro pcs and obviously cannnot control herself, LOL)

Thanks in advance for any responses....

Change your phone online to something older that allows Tzones. Also, your not on flexpay, right.

What phone models are recommended?
    Last edited by dolfan16; 2009-03-21 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It worked!
    I tried joefx13's method, but changed the wording a little.

You have been connected to Yna S..
    Yna S.: It's a great day here at T-Mobile. My name is Yna and I'm delighted to assist you with the inquiries and concerns you might have today.
    Yna S.: I understand you have requested the t-zones feature to be added on your account but it was not added.
    Wing: it wasn't added?
    Wing: can you add it please?
    Yna S.: Yes, it was not added on your account.
    Yna S.: Please give me a few minutes while I research on this one. Would that be okay?
    Wing: yes
    Wing: thank you
    Yna S.: Please note that this feature is $5.99 a month.
    Yna S.: With T-MobileWeb service on your account, you can search the mobile web, find directions to the places you want to go, get local, international and financial news, stock quotes, weather, sports, play online games, email, community chat and more, right at your fingertips anywhere you go. Please be advised to browse t-zones feature on your handset to be able to maximize the service of this feature.
    Yna S.: Would you like me to add it now. Please confirm it.
    Wing: That works for me. Can u add that to (xxx)xxx-xxxx?
    Yna S.: Yes, I will add it now. Please stay online.
    Wing: thanks
    Yna S.: I am happy to inform you that I have now added the t-zones feature for $5.99 a month on your account.
    Yna S.: This is effective today, March 21, 2009.
    Wing: Thank you!
    Yna S.: You are most welcome.
    Yna S.: Is there anything else we can assist you with today?
    Wing: That's all. Thank you, Yna!
    Yna S.: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Chat. We truly value your business. Have a great day!
    Wing: you too!
    Thank you for using our online help. You may now close this window.
    Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
    Last edited by KevC; 2009-03-21 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dolfan16 View Post
    Thanks joefx13 for your quick reply..

Pardon me as I just purchased our iPhones and joined this forum recently therfore I'm rather new to all this...

Ok, just so I understand, the $5.99 tzones web plan works the same as my $24.99 G1 or $24.99 Blackberry unlimited web plan allowing me to use unlimited safari internet, access unlimited email, unlimited google maps including GPS and every other app available on the iphone for just $19 less per phone with no strings attached? If this is the case, I'm switching to tzones if I can get past the CSR's and upgrading my voice plan (I need more whatever minutes; my wife switched to tmobile from metro pcs and obviously cannnot control herself, LOL)

Thanks in advance for any responses....

What phone models are recommended?
    Yes. It is the same as the G1 Plan, and Blackberry/Smartphone plan. Unlimited Internet (No MB Cap, With no strings attached).

As for the phone models, Just find something older on the T-mobile website and switch it to that. Most older phones will work.

Thanks joe! Worked like a charm. I had a question. I know the 9.99 web2go plan had a 100 MB cap with overages capped at $25. Do you know the terms of service for 5.99 T Zones? No cap or anything? Because I stream radio all the time at work. I'm also using the epc.tmobile.com APN. Is that what you all are using?

For people attempting this:

1. Change the phone on your account to a basic flip phone. Any will do.

2. In the email box simple type (Thanks to Mike, Pg 5):

Hi, I recently called T-mobile customer care and the representative I spoke to said that she would be able to add T-zones onto my account. The plan is "TZUNL599". I checked my account today, and it doesn't seem like the plan was added correctly. Can you help me with adding this plan? Thank you very much.

3. Be nice to the agent. Ask them how they are. Be courteous! Tell them you just want to check sports scores and such.

4. If the agent tells you that the plan is no longer available make sure you tell them that a previous rep gave you the promo code "TZUNL599". Kindly ask them to try that even though the plan isnt available on the website. If they still deny you thank them for their time and move on to the next agent. The 3rd agent gave me the plan no questions asked.

I must thank the original OP! Sick.
    Last edited by Zaied; 2009-03-21 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaied View Post
    Thanks joe! Worked like a charm. I had a question. I know the 9.99 web2go plan had a 100 MB cap with overages capped at $25. Do you know the terms of service for 5.99 T Zones? No cap or anything? Because I stream radio all the time at work. I'm also using the epc.tmobile.com APN. Is that what you all are using?

For people attempting this:

1. Change the phone on your account to a basic flip phone. Any will do.

2. In the email box simple type (Thanks to Mike, Pg 5):

Hi, I recently called T-mobile customer care and the representative I spoke to said that she would be able to add T-zones onto my account. The plan is "TZUNL599". I checked my account today, and it doesn't seem like the plan was added correctly. Can you help me with adding this plan? Thank you very much.

3. Be nice to the agent. Ask them how they are. Be courteous! Tell them you just want to check sports scores and such.

4. If the agent tells you that the plan is no longer available make sure you tell them that a previous rep gave you the promo code "TZUNL599". Kindly ask them to try that even though the plan isnt available on the website. If they still deny you thank them for their time and move on to the next agent. The 3rd agent gave me the plan no questions asked.

I must thank the original OP! Sick.
    Tzones has NO MB cap. Its unlimited data. Also, dont forget to thank! lol

Ok attempt #1 failed. I'm not going to post what took place during the chat because the rep told me right off the bat that tzones wasn't available anymore. I followed Zaied's instructions to a tee but from the get-go, I knew it just was not going to happen.

I was extremely courteous but persistent insisting that she (the rep) attempt to add the promotion code anyway but the rep (Ruth S.) wouldn't budge. She mentioned that she "can't add something that doesn't exist!" At that point I finally gave up and figured I try again at another time. Should I try again today or wait till tomorrow?

BTW, does the phone you switch to on mytmobile.com have to be an internet ready phone? i just picked a basic motorola flip as my phone.

I wouldnt push the reps if they flat out tell you tzones is no longer available. Just say "okay thanks" end the session and start again with a new agent. Like I said I went through 2 agents and the 3rd was a home run. Did this within 15 minutes this morning.

I picked a Samsung flip phone that was not internet ready.

Attempt #2: Fail

Here is how the chat went...

You have been connected to Erica J.
    Erica J: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Live Chat, Dolfan16. This is Erica. I will be more than happy to assist you with this issue. We are unable to add the T-Zones unlimited plan on the account because it is a closed feature. You can only use the T-Mobile G1 access data plan for the T-Mobile G1 to use it to the fullest capabilities. I am so sorry about the inconveneince, Dolfan16.
    Dolfan16: Hi Erica. A T-mobile customer rep representative I spoke to a few days ago said that she would be applying T-zones onto my account. The plan is "TZUNL599". I no longer have the G1. I just need the web plan to check stocks and sports scores. Could you try to see if that promotion plan is still working? Thank you!
    Erica J: Dolfan16, this feature has been closed and we are no longer adding them on the T-Mobile customers' account. You must choose from our updated data plans with is Web2Go. I am so sorry about the inconvenience, Dolfan16.
    Dolfan16: That's ok Erica. I thank you for your time and effort, though. Have a good weekend!
    Erica J: Thank you for contacting T-Mobile Live Chat, Dolfan16, and you have a wonderful day!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast