Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get T-Zones Added!! Works.

Default Tzones 5.99 still works. Read below
    TZONES 5.99 STILL WORKS. READ BELOW

On my 2nd try I was able to add it onto my account. Make sure you change your default phone on your tmobile website to a regular phone, not smartphone. If any other lines on your account has its simcard onto an iphone take it out and put it onto another phone. Here was how my calls went:

First attempt:
    "English" "Cancellation" "My friend gave me this code for unlimited internet services, would you mind putting it in for me?"
    She puts it in and said the service is discontinued, offered me 9.99 for web2go. Denied and hung up.

Second attempt:
    "English" "Cancellation" (I already knew this representative was cool. He was talking all slang and LOLing thru the phone..like wasup jerry how can i help you today..for sure thats cool etc etc)"Can you help me add the tzones feature onto this line?" "how much is it?" "No, no i dont want the web2go for 9.99, i want the tzones for 5.99" (He's gonna say.."aww my bad jerry my fault on that one hahaha yes I added tzones for 5.99 onto your line)and he asked me if there is any more things he can do for me. I said no and thanked him politely.

For folks out there, it really depends on your luck of getting the right representative. Mine didnt even asked for a code. Got mine on 2nd attempt. Good luck to you all
    Last edited by J.HA; 2009-08-29 at 09:01 PM.

As of Dec 5 2009 does this trick still work? Any tries?

Just get the $10 plan. Works fine. Don't know if T-zones is still available. I would guess that it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by moobs View Post
    Just get the $10 plan. Works fine. Don't know if T-zones is still available. I would guess that it is not.
    How do I get the $10 plan? Do I call from my land line and not mention that I have an iPhone?

You can add it online. Just make sure the phone that is displayed on the homepage is a non smartphone. I think the razr works. Then get Unlimited Web for other phones. If you call them make sure you are calling them from a non smartphone.

no longer works as the representative said it is an old promotion code and no longer offered

Edited
    Last edited by corkey20000; 2010-04-04 at 04:34 PM.

i am using a reconditioned 2g (bought it used and turns out it was on Applecare so I got a free "upgrade") with a Tmobile prepaid card that i got from walmart for $15. (I was previously using a goPhone sim but had to upgrade to 3.1.3 in rder to get the iPhone upgrade with Apple) when i edited the apn settings, i found a curious thing: i was still getting LIMITED internet on the web2go network using epc.tmobile.com. i was able to navigate to google.com/voice, as well as the portal that tmobile gives which offers CNN, ESPN, ABC[news] and allows you to download ringers. when i called tmobile and told them, they said that this was actually designed for non-pda cell phones to DL ringers and such. what i can't figure out is how i'm getting int without any $5.99 charge that most of the posters are speaking of. i guess tmobile just eventually gave up and decided not to bother charging or I'M JUST INCREDIBLY LUCKY. lol

anyway, i'd be happy to actually PAY the charge for "full featured" internet, but here's the issue: ATT charges $20 for edge data and $30 for 3g data. tmobile charges $40 REGARDLESS of what your device is capable of. so if i'm gonna pay that, i will at least wait until i can get a used 3g (or 3gs) off craigslist before paying for data that i can't even use.
    Last edited by quicknight; 2010-04-15 at 05:08 AM. Reason: incomplete post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quicknight View Post
    i am using a reconditioned 2g (bought it used and turns out it was on Applecare so I got a free "upgrade") with a Tmobile prepaid card that i got from walmart for $15. (I was previously using a goPhone sim but had to upgrade to 3.1.3 in rder to get the iPhone upgrade with Apple) when i edited the apn settings, i found a curious thing: i was still getting LIMITED internet on the web2go network using epc.tmobile.com. i was able to navigate to google.com/voice, as well as the portal that tmobile gives which offers CNN, ESPN, ABC[news] and allows you to download ringers. when i called tmobile and told them, they said that this was actually designed for non-pda cell phones to DL ringers and such. what i can't figure out is how i'm getting int without any $5.99 charge that most of the posters are speaking of. i guess tmobile just eventually gave up and decided not to bother charging or I'M JUST INCREDIBLY LUCKY. lol

anyway, i'd be happy to actually PAY the charge for "full featured" internet, but here's the issue: ATT charges $20 for edge data and $30 for 3g data. tmobile charges $40 REGARDLESS of what your device is capable of. so if i'm gonna pay that, i will at least wait until i can get a used 3g (or 3gs) off craigslist before paying for data that i can't even use.
    You've got your numbers WAY off. The max t-mobile charges for data is 34.99 for smartphones and it includes unlimited texting. I pay 19.99 for unlimited data + text. Without text it would be 9.99
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

10. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

quicknight (2010-04-16)

Settings for T-Zones:
    Under Cellular Data:
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    leave Username and Password BLANK.

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    You've got your numbers WAY off. The max t-mobile charges for data is 34.99 for smartphones and it includes unlimited texting. I pay 19.99 for unlimited data + text. Without text it would be 9.99
    Thanks for the clarification, but it's not ME who got the numbers way off. The dude in the Tmobile kiosk at the mall told me this himself. probably just trying to scam me. i did have to ask 2-3 times just to get the skinny on the hearing impaired plan. I'm still not totally clear on it since I got random conflicting answers. Someone even told me that it was just texting only. Tmobile seems to acknowledge that its customers are actually using iPhones now, which is interesting since some have suggested that jailbreaking/unlocking them is illegal. lol

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification, but it's not ME who got the numbers way off. The dude in the Tmobile kiosk at the mall told me this himself. probably just trying to scam me. i did have to ask 2-3 times just to get the skinny on the hearing impaired plan. I'm still not totally clear on it since I got random conflicting answers. Someone even told me that it was just texting only. Tmobile seems to acknowledge that its customers are actually using iPhones now, which is interesting since some have suggested that jailbreaking/unlocking them is illegal. lol
    Jailbreaking/unlocking is not illegal. The only thing that it does is void your Apple warranty (although a quick restore fixes that). Apple doesn't want you to do it because they don't want others modifying their software. AT&T doesn't want you to do it because they don't want to lose customers. But by no means is it illegal.

The facts are the facts. For smartphones, 24.99 is unlimited data. 34.99 is unlimited data + text. For "other phones" unlimited data is 9.99 and unlimited text + data is 19.99 (and you can get these to work with the iPhone). The users that were grandfathered in from the T-zones plan still pay 5.99 for unlimited data on the iPhone.

Default Prepaid, postpaid or flexpay?
    Quote Originally Posted by sl5400 View Post
    Settings for T-Zones:
    Under Cellular Data:
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    leave Username and Password BLANK.
    Yes! this is what I use with my tmobile prepaid on my iPhone 2G. I get LIMITED internet. Like I said, CNN, ABC, ESPN, and RINGERS. The iPhone will also do EMAIL, and GOOGLE VOICE. But that's it, as far as I know. Other websites will just bring you back to the web2go portal...

Jailbreaking/unlocking is not illegal. The only thing that it does is void your Apple warranty (although a quick restore fixes that). Apple doesn't want you to do it because they don't want others modifying their software. AT&T doesn't want you to do it because they don't want to lose customers. But by no means is it illegal.

The facts are the facts. For smartphones, 24.99 is unlimited data. 34.99 is unlimited data + text. For "other phones" unlimited data is 9.99 and unlimited text + data is 19.99 (and you can get these to work with the iPhone). The users that were grandfathered in from the T-zones plan still pay 5.99 for unlimited data on the iPhone.
    I have prepaid plan. Can you explain to me, exactly, how I can get unlimited data (assuming you mean without the web2go restrictions) on a tmobile prepaid OR post paid plan? the reps are apparently stonewalling me...

ALSO, I reread my post. "Way off" was only $5. I would say "off," but not "way off." Anywho, $35 is still $15 more per month than ATT charges for Edge speeds. Like I said, when I get a 3G/3GS then I will consider the Tmobile data plans--If I can even get a rep to admit that the even offer data-only/hearing impaired plans!

I'm currently with Sprint but I"m beginning to think the Tmobile reps are even worse, which I did not think was possible....
    Last edited by quicknight; 2010-04-16 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I have prepaid plan. Can you explain to me, exactly, how I can get unlimited data (assuming you mean without the web2go restrictions) on a tmobile prepaid OR post paid plan? the reps are apparently stonewalling me...

ALSO, I reread my post. "Way off" was only $5. I would say "off," but not "way off." Anywho, $35 is still $15 more per month than ATT charges for Edge speeds. Like I said, when I get a 3G/3GS then I will consider the Tmobile data plans--If I can even get a rep to admit that the even offer data-only/hearing impaired plans!

I'm currently with Sprint but I"m beginning to think the Tmobile reps are even worse, which I did not think was possible....
    I'll re-explain why your post was (and is still) way off...

tmobile charges $40 REGARDLESS of what your device is capable of
    First of all, you assumed T-mobile charges $40 for DATA only. Which is not true, it's not $5 off. The highest "data only" charge is $24.99. Second, the "REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR DEVICE..." part is dead wrong. There's data plans for smartphones, other phones, sidekicks, etc. The prices vary (see post above). Not one comes even close to $40. AT&T may charge $15 for edge only plans, but these will NOT work on the iPhone. With T-mobile you can pay 9.99 or 5.99 (grandfathered t-zones) for edge data and it WILL work on the iPhone. I wouldn't judge an entire corporation because of the ignorance of one representative.

As far as your question regarding prepaid data goes, the only prepaid data T-Mobile offers is Flexpay and that's bundled with a minimum voice plan of 29.99. If you have post-paid, there should be no issues in getting the $9.99 unlimited data for "other phones"
    Last edited by adp; 2010-04-16 at 06:23 PM.

I'll re-explain why your post was (and is still) way off...

First of all, you assumed T-mobile charges $40 for DATA only. Which is not true, it's not $5 off. The highest "data only" charge is $24.99. Second, the "REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR DEVICE..." part is dead wrong. There's data plans for smartphones, other phones, sidekicks, etc. The prices vary (see post above). Not one comes even close to $40. AT&T may charge $15 for edge only plans, but these will NOT work on the iPhone. With T-mobile you can pay 9.99 or 5.99 (grandfathered t-zones) for edge data and it WILL work on the iPhone. I wouldn't judge an entire corporation because of the ignorance of one representative.

As far as your question regarding prepaid data goes, the only prepaid data T-Mobile offers is Flexpay and that's bundled with a minimum voice plan of 29.99. If you have post-paid, there should be no issues in getting the $9.99 unlimited data for "other phones"
    adp, i stand corrected (again) but as i said: 1) the rep told me this information and i did credit him as doing such 2) i have a prepaid plan and am not interested in a "minimum voice plan" which I also explained to the rep and 3) yes, I was told by the ONE IGNORANT REP that the "data only/hearing impaired plan exisited but, no, i am not judging the entire corporation on this one rep but the SEVERAL (at least 8-10) reps who seemed to have no clue about what plans tmobile offers and who transferred me around endlessly (like I have experienced at sprint) until I just became frustrated and gave up without ever getting a straight answer.

if i understand you correctly, i must be post paid to get the $9.99 unlimited data (which i assume is also bundled with a data plan) and that the $35 plan (which I did not "assume" was a data only plan, by the way, i was TOLD so) is a bundle which includes some minutes AND is only available for the postpaid plans?

ok, well i guess i will give it one more try and see if i can get the $29.99 flex pay plan (even though I don't want/need the voice feature)....I will let everyone know how i fare.
    Last edited by quicknight; 2010-04-16 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks

No. You don't seem to understand.

In post-paid, you have to get a voice plan and then add your text/data services. For example, you can get the Even More Plus 500 minute plan for 29.99 and add the 9.99 web2go service. You'd be paying 39.99. T-mobile will try to get you to add the 24.99 data service (which has nothing to do with minutes) if you tell them you have an iPhone. If you don't tell them you have an iPhone, you can get the $9.99 data plan with a voice plan.

I am now understanding you are not interested in using your iPhone as a phone, you want data only? Then the reps may have been partially correct. If you want data only, then you can get the $49.99 unlimited data for smartphones. There's one that gives you only 200mb for 29.99, which may be useful depending on how much data you use. I go over 1Gb every month, so be careful.

Go here for more info on the internet-only plans.
    Unsupported Browser

What I'm trying to say is, you can get unlimited data cheaper by bundling with the minimum voice plan (described above) by paying $40/month than by choosing the internet-only plan of $50.
    Last edited by adp; 2010-04-16 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just got off the phone with FLEXPAY. I asked for the hearing impaired plan. This is what she told me (I am typing it i as she is speaking to me, with a very strong accent I might add)

"Even More Plus T mobile smart phone unlimited with messaging web voice barred Flexpay.

$39.99 per month plus taxes and charges.

This plan include unlimited internet access, GPRS internet access, standard personal MyEmail access, unlimited wifi hotspot access, unlimited Edge, and unlimited messages"

She said you could ask for "the data plan for the iPhone" if you don't want to say all of that.

For $29.99 you get 500 minutes, UL N/W, Tmobile to Tmobile. BUT NO DATA.

ADP, turns I I wasn't as "way off" as you suggested.

I'm over it. I think I'll just stay with Sprint for now and use the iPhone as a VOIP phone, wifi browser, and an mp3 player....

No. You don't seem to understand.

In post-paid, you have to get a voice plan and then add your text/data services. For example, you can get the Even More Plus 500 minute plan for 29.99 and add the 9.99 web2go service. You'd be paying 39.99. T-mobile will try to get you to add the 24.99 data service (which has nothing to do with minutes) if you tell them you have an iPhone. If you don't tell them you have an iPhone, you can get the $9.99 data plan with a voice plan.

I am now understanding you are not interested in using your iPhone as a phone, you want data only? Then the reps may have been partially correct. If you want data only, then you can get the $49.99 unlimited data for smartphones. There's one that gives you only 200mb for 29.99, which may be useful depending on how much data you use. I go over 1Gb every month, so be careful.

Go here for more info on the internet-only plans.
    Unsupported Browser

What I'm trying to say is, you can get unlimited data cheaper by bundling with the minimum voice plan (described above) by paying $40/month than by choosing the internet-only plan of $50.
    Yes, I want DATA ONLY. I use Vonage Mobile and VOIP for voice calls and I only want to have an option to browse/download/etc. when I am on the road or otherwise away from the wifi. $39.99 (which is what she JUST told me) seems a bit excessive to pay for data only on the Edge network, so as I said in the beginning, I'm more likely to consider this sort of plan when and if I come across an iPhone 3G or 3GS.

I don't want this to become more of a debate than it already has. I think I have a clearer picture of my options now. Thanks for your help. Hopefully everyone learned something useful from this discussion.

(If you hear of any Tmobile data only plan discounts, please let us all know)
    Last edited by quicknight; 2010-04-16 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Well, not to go on, but once again, you had said that T-mobile charges $40 for data as a service (meaning internet alone IN ADDITION to a voice plan). Which is still wrong. The $40 you talk above INCLUDE voice, text and data, which is unheard of in other carriers for that price (on a plan that supports the iPhone). Of course you're not going to find a $9.99 or $15 internet only plan without a voice plan. Even AT&T charges the $15 with a voice plan. And I wouldn't suggest using any VOIP apps over EDGE, as it is extremely slow and will not work. I get max of 20Kb/s, which is not fast enough to support live VOIP.

Well, not to go on, but once again, you had said that T-mobile charges $40 for data as a service (meaning internet alone IN ADDITION to a voice plan). Which is still wrong. The $40 you talk above INCLUDE voice, text and data, which is unheard of in other carriers for that price (on a plan that supports the iPhone). Of course you're not going to find a $9.99 or $15 internet only plan without a voice plan. Even AT&T charges the $15 with a voice plan. And I wouldn't suggest using any VOIP apps over EDGE, as it is extremely slow and will not work. I get max of 20Kb/s, which is not fast enough to support live VOIP.
    The iPhone has wifi, which is what i use. Edge restricts the use of Vonage Mobile so it not only "will not work," it CANNOT work.

Yes, you do go on. (I guess I do too!) If you read my post, I quoted exactly what the rep said, typing it in as she spoke which I why some of our information is identical because the messages "crossed" simultaneously--we were both typing at the same time and I didn't get to read yours before I hit "send." The rep said (and if she's wrong, then there goes my point about Tmobile and Sprint) that this $40 plan was a DATA ONLY plan. The description that I typed even said "voice barred." I don't think I ever said "data as a service" nor did I ever mean to imply "internet alone IN ADDITION to a voice plan." I will re-read my post and I apologize, in advance, if I unintentionally misled anyone.

I have a tmobile prepaid sim card. i was interested in "adding t-zones" as the title of this thread suggests. i am clear that i cannot do it with the prepaid. i am also clear that i am not interested in doing it with flexpay.

Again, $40 for data only on the Edge network is not a deal to me.

Thanks

3g unrestrictor in Cydia permits any wifi only app to work in cellular data. So yes, it would work. Many 3G users use VOIP over cellular data by using this metod

Anyways, good luck in whatever method you choose
    Last edited by adp; 2010-04-16 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

quicknight (2010-04-19)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast