Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi not working on my iphone 3g

Default Wifi not working on my iphone 3g
    My phone has yellowsn0w 0.9.8 installed. I have T-mobile's unlimited internet plan...

My networking settings are set to the following:

Enable 3G - off
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com
    Data Roaming - Off
    VPN - Not Configured
    *I figured I'd try to provide as much info as possible, I don't know which is relevant to problem solving.

When I go to WiFi settings to turn on the Wifi, it searches for a network for about one second and stops. It is unable to find any networks (even though my wireless internet is totally working).

Can anyone please help me? I want to fix it but I don't know what the heck to do.

Thanks.

Is your WiFi 802.11b/g on 2.4Ghz? It doesn't work with "N" or "a" networks.

is your security on your router wpa? because it also wont work

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    is your security on your router wpa? because it also wont work
    I use an Airport Express (well actually a few with WDS) and WPA2 and the iphone works just fine for me.

I know the problem is with the phone and not the network, because I've tried to find any network and it can't find anything at all

I have the same exact problem. It`s not a router issue. It`s related to the iPhone itself and maybe some application installed. People suggest also it could be a heating problem of the iPhone`s battery, and they even suggest putting it in your Freezer! Sounds crazy to me...
    The truth is, I`ve search the net for solutions, and there isn`t one that I know of that has worked. Everyone says to restore in DFU, restore normally, reset network settings...
    I live in Brazil and can`t afford to travel to the US to exchange or send my 3g to a Apple Tech, So... If there is anyone here that can help with useful info, please do so. Thank you in Advance.

LGW

Angry My 3G Wifi not working --pls help
    And just one question...this method doesn't clear your network configuration? i mean the configuration of your company like the 3g or something like that?
    thanks...