Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UnlimitedSIM?!?

Default UnlimitedSIM?!?
    So I've seen this site posted on a website getsim.net

Supposedly it says that you get UNLIMITED EVERYTHING for $45, it expires every month, and you re-buy it if you want it again...

Is this legit? Has anyone tried it yet?

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

i say its a scam

No, it works...I got it for my son...he is only 6 but i wanted him to have a phone to talk to his mother...it works good but I just want to find out how they are activating these sim cards so I can do it myself :-)

Quote Originally Posted by romeoz View Post
    No, it works...I got it for my son...he is only 6 but i wanted him to have a phone to talk to his mother...it works good but I just want to find out how they are activating these sim cards so I can do it myself :-)
    How can you confirm this

Looks like a scam.

I got it from T-Mobile...but I assume its the same thing..they gave me a free trial for a month but I had to cancel it because they wanted to bill my like 150.00 for it...so I got another one in my gf name and we are 20 days into the second one...I dont know what I am gonna do after this month....lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

go on ebay, they sell these big time. they all work. you can even keep the same number every month but still need a new sim EVERy month for a tad extra. something like unlimited for 50 or 55 a month. heavy talkers could take advantage of this
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    go on ebay, they sell these big time. they all work. you can even keep the same number every month but still need a new sim EVERy month for a tad extra. something like unlimited for 50 or 55 a month. heavy talkers could take advantage of this
    How do we know its not a scam?

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    When I was looking it up on Ebay it said that if you want to keep the same number it's $45/month +$22 for the sim So you would have to spend $67/month

That's better than any other plans out there, and there is no contract....

it does work my friend use to sell them,craigslist got tons of them also

Sounds like BS to me. I mean think of how much money t-mobile will be losing if these were legit. Just think ..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

It's a scam. Even though someone's paying $50-55 bucks every time to buy a SIM and service, T-Mobile's not seeing a dime of it. It's the same as using a postpaid SIM as much as possible but not paying the bill... essentially cell phone service theft and fraud.

There's a sticky in the T-Mobile section of HoFo: [ame=http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1464288]READ THIS: Flex Pay and Unlimited Services[/ame]. It's specifically talking about this 'unlimited for $50' pile of... junk.

OP:
    I hope you didn't give the seller any actual ID info, because they could put that info in to T-Mobile's billing systems to use you as a scapegoat (ruining your credit, get blacklisted from getting or retaining T-Mobile service, get sued for fraud, or such), or even sell your ID info to others... either way, you'd lose.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2009-02-09 at 10:35 AM. Reason: typos
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Lol how is it fraud when it is legit?people on craigslist and ebay sells them it runs out after 1 month,speaking of which my friend has one right now,so yes it is not a scam it works 100 percent,i used one before works great

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    It's a scam. Even though someone's paying $50-55 bucks every time to buy a SIM and service, T-Mobile's not seeing a dime of it. It's the same as using a postpaid SIM as much as possible but not paying the bill... essentially cell phone service theft and fraud.

There's a sticky in the T-Mobile section of HoFo: READ THIS: Flex Pay and Unlimited Services. It's specifically talking about this 'unlimited for $50' pile of... junk.

OP:
    I hope you didn't give the seller any actual ID info, because they could put that info in to T-Mobile's billing systems to use you as a scapegoat (ruining your credit, get blacklisted from getting or retaining T-Mobile service, get sued for fraud, or such), or even sell your ID info to others... either way, you'd lose.
    No I haven't shared any info.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    Lol how is it fraud when it is legit?people on craigslist and ebay sells them it runs out after 1 month,speaking of which my friend has one right now,so yes it is not a scam it works 100 percent,i used one before works great
    If it was legit, then why doesn't T-Mobile offer it in-store or as a "request only," "retentions only" or "employees only" plan? It would kill Boost's new unlimited plans in so many ways... *common sense FTW*
    If it's too good to be true, then...

There's several mentions that these accounts are eventually flagged and disconnected (at times even before the '30 day' period is up). Others posts such as this one: [ame=http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1338664]Is This Legit???[/ame] mention that these website and eBay dealers are using 'hijacked' rep/agent codes, and those reps/agents receive 'chargebacks' (reversal of credits/funds/charges gained from the activation) for the actions. That's theiving the rep or agent.

Would you want somebody to take your paycheck because of someone's else actions (especially if that someone isn't anyone you know)? NO.

It is a scam because these 'sellers' are doing this at a cost to someone at T-Mobile without their consent or knowledge.
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2009-02-11 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Removed wikipedia link, it was listing oddly in the post.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave