Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need some Direction/Advice on getting iphone 3g and plan

Default Need some Direction/Advice on getting iphone 3g and plan
    Me and my fiance want some cell service. I have verizon witch i get from work for free on my sch-u740. She dosent have a cell phone. We did a credit check thru att and .... ya were no paying 500 bucks for a damn credit fee per line screw that. We want to avoid contracts at all costs because no matter where we go its goint to be a deposit. She wants some type of mild PDA phone or similar. I want a iphone. I cant really find much as to any setup online. Either Att or Tmobile i guess my question is this
    Im hoping in the next week to buy a iphone 3g off ebay

1 How and what is the Method for Getting a Iphone 3g activated on tmobile so that everything works on it Youtube safari Email video mail text messeging pic mail ect Gps

We are hoping for 1000 mins
    No contract

Can this be done on flex pay or what? Do i get the iphone 3g and just call them up and activate?
    Is there a option of me activating on att with out a contract if we both buy our phones before the fact?

Is the internet speed the same as the Iphone?
    Thanks in advanced im confused as hell on this

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 1000 minute plan (T-Mobile) for $39.99 (It was a promotional plan so I think it's more now)
    I have the T-Zones plan and unlimited text.

Everything works!! (Just fixed youtube today hence the post editing) by using epc.tmobile.com for the APN

My menu does not allow me to change my APN so I had to go to: APN Changer to change it. You might not have this problem..

No it's not as fast as on AT&T but my experience is I dropped calls almost every phone call with AT&T and NEVER drop calls on TMobile, but that's in the So Cal area.

How you do it is you buy an iPhone, open a plan (without a contract in your case) jailbreak the phone, unlock the phone using yellowsn0w
    Last edited by robeeen; 2009-02-05 at 08:16 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

instead of buying a 3g i would suggest a first generation iphone. honestly if you are using it on tmobile then you get everything the 3g offers except exact gps. you can still somewhat find your location through cell towers and wifi and it still works pretty well. plus the 3g iphones on ebay are a lot more expensive.

Is there a option of me activating on att with out a contract if we both buy our phones before the fact?

No.

Can this be done on flex pay or what? Do i get the iphone 3g and just call them up and activate?

Yes, you can have FlexPay with the iPhone, that is what I have.
    Just get the iPhone unlock it and activate it.

1 How and what is the Method for Getting a Iphone 3g activated on tmobile so that everything works on it Youtube safari Email video mail text messeging pic mail ect Gps
    In order for you to have your iPhone working with any non-ATT carrier, you have to UNLOCK/JAILBREAK.

T-Mobile DOES NOT support the iPhones 3G frequency!
    Therefore, if you go T-Mobile there is no point in getting a 3G

However, if you DO get a 3G...
    In order for you to get it to work with T-Mobile, do a research on yellowsn0w and you will learn how to Jailbreak/Unlock your iPhone.

If you get a 2G (first generation)...
    Research WinPwn and you will learn details on how to get your iPhone Jailbroken/Unlocked and T-Mobile ready.

i get the unlock part i have a ipod touch 1st gen but damn do i want that phone! So is there a data plan or witch one should we use on flex pay? Do i need to buy another phone to use its activated sim card in the iphone? And i have seen these sim card "mod" things like turbo chip or something what is that?

Also on flex pay do u HAVE to buy one of there phones before hand? or can we just bring one in and say hook it up. MY girl is getting her taxes back so... We like any decent american obviously need to blow this money in the quickest most irresponsible manner possible....
    Last edited by Mortland; 2009-02-05 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You don't need the sim card mod thing, that was prior to the release of yellowsn0w (software unlock) Those sim cards unlocked it via hardware, which is the least appealing out of the two options.

Don't know about flex pay
    Last edited by robeeen; 2009-02-05 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try to take your iPhone to T-Mobile Store and tell then you want to activate it.

If they do not do it, there is another way around not paying for a phone, which is choosing FlexPay with 2yr contract commitment (that is what I have).

If you do it this way, you can just select a phone that they offer for FREE.

As for the Data Plan...
    The ones that I know for a fact that work:

-Unlimited Data plan
    -Web2go (50MB or 100MB limit)
    -SideKick data plan
    -T-Zones (does not exist anymore, but some claim they are still being able to get it).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Oliver350Z For This Useful Post:

Mortland (2009-02-06)

if i take the "free phone" with flex pay... do i just call in and active the iphone over the phone or thru the internet possibly?

Just take the free phone and then put the sim from the free phone into your jail broken/unlocked iphone.

then... what about the data plan from there?
    if i want to get on tzones wouldnt i need a tzones phone? or just to call in and harasses them that my new phone i got from them broke and now i have the razr or c150 or somthing and want the tzones cause such and such told me i could?