Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading to iphone 3g doubts with tmobile

Default Upgrading to iphone 3g doubts with tmobile
    hi guys,

so i currently have a 4gig 2g iphone that i love and use with tmobile... everythings great but i need more space so i was looking into the 3g iphone... i've read that the 3g iphone does work with tmobile but the 3g network will not so id basically be on edge with the 3g iphone... is that true??? If so then id rather just buy a 2g with more space on it... thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

yes that is true...the 3g will not work on tmobiles network.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

kinda obvious. t-mobile only has edge. not 3g. damn them. i'm stuck with a prepaid t-mo with wifi. hahaha

T Mobile only has edge, not 3G?

Uh, false!

T Mo has a 3G network, you just can't use it with the iPhone

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The main thing I noticed when I upgraded from 2G to 3G .... was signal strength. If you're in an area where you normally only get 2-3 bars with a cheapo-phone, a 2G will give you less. 3G's signal reception is better, maybe as good as most.

My 2G reception was so hit-and-miss that about a year ago I installed one of those cell boosters (about $250). It helped a lot. But now with the 3G, it's turned off. Don't need it anymore.

yep... Ive also heard that the 3g speed on the iphone is actually not to its full potential due to at&ts network... so i guess it comes down to looks, i love the sturdiness of the 2g, but the white 3g looks nice too!!! Ill probably stick to the 2g and get one with more space... plus July is coming and i have a feeling apple is going to toss us a new design... thanks guys for your replies!!