Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help look 1.1.4 problem

Default help look 1.1.4 problem
    just updated and then used zi phone to unlock and everything but now i havnt even put anything oin and in my i tunes the other capacity bar(orange) is a little more then half full

Um. If you haven't done anything else to it yet (i.e. install third-party programs), you could always just re-restore and re-activate/jailbreak/unlock and see if the problem persists...

I just did a restore to 1.1.4 then unlocked with ziphone. before I put anything on I has the "other" at around 260MB. as I synced the phone and just added my music the other section got bigger. I think is the album artwork that gets counted as other.

I know, but it only happened this time, right?

Because if that's the case, try doing another restore and unlock to see if the same problem occurs again.

I'm thinking this is only a rare, one-time thing. If not...well, then you might need to send it to Apple.

wen u restore a phone, or upgrade to 1.1.4. do u loose all ur contacts again

As long as you restore or upgrade to the same or a newer firmware, you won't lose any or the information from the stock programs.

This is because iTunes makes backups of your personal system information, in case anything ever gets corrupted or otherwise goes wrong.

If you restore to an earlier firmware, however, the backup information from the previously used firmware won't be compatible with the earlier one.

Or, rather, that's what iTunes tells you.