Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS with Tmobile iPhone

Default MMS with Tmobile iPhone
    Has anyone had any luck getting MMS to work with the iPhone on T-Mobile. I'm 1.13 using total internet ($19.99 plan). I tried to install and configure StickyMMS but when i install and try to launch it returns to the home screen. I seen to havd the same issue with iRadio. Any thoughts or is it just me being new?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have the same issue with StickyMMS when I installed it yesterday. It also did weird things with my Wifi too. After I would use the StickyMMS it would go to the home page and I'd have to restart Wifi.

Any suggestions for Other programs that do MMS?

I found the link on Tmobile for the manual settings to use the MMS.

Install the latest version of swirly. It should be 0.3.2

Might have to add the source and refresh.

Thanks

It works for me. I'm on FW 1.1.1, upgraded from 1.0.2. I took the settings from the post in the news forum and it works well. I don't need to turn off wifi or anything to send or receive. I just followed the instructions i.e., uninstall old version, add swirly source, install from swirly source, used settings in first post.

I did this on two phones. The second phone I had an issue with SwirylyMMS crashing but after a complete reboots of the phone it hasn't happened again. I didn't have to add the Total Internet plan nor do I use the $5.99 Tzones hack. It just worked.

Thanks all! Installed 0.3.2 rebooted, added settings rebooted again and success. Had to turn off WiFi and go directly via Edge.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

when i try to download the 0.3.2 it downloads about half way and then error says "package download failed" this is from the update screen in the installer. i have the previous version of swirlymms from swirlyspace downloaded. can anyone help?
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

uninstall the old version and install the new swirlymms form swirlymms source

iPhone? More like MyPhone ddfilms's Avatar
    Thanks

works great for me. I am on 1.1.3 using v3.2.

1.1.1 otb, currently using 1.1.4 with ZiPhone. T-zones 5.99 hack. v3.2 swirlymms. send MMS perfectly, Recieve MMS takes 2 tries. as it does not detect Edge/GRPS on the first Fetch attempt. On second attemp it works. anyone know how to make a symbolic link from where the pictures are stored to the camera roll?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just got it to work. I finally went into the Tmobile store with an old phone I knew worked with MMS. The two of us were not able to get it to work on the old phone I had so we spent an hour on the phone with there techs trying to get the setting correct. After it worked on that phone I plugged in the settings floating around and it works just fine.

Although after I restarted the program and checked it later the wap.voicestream.com address disappeared out of setting. ...but it still works, so I'm not messing with that part of it.

Weird part is that when I sent the test message to myself the pic is upside down. Anyone had that experience?

Finished installing "Finder" and "MobilePreview" and those work great.

Thanks

Guys, I am on 1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken, I get to where it says fetch, then i press on the picture message itself, like where it says the phone number, and it says to go to fetch in, like the files, var/media/MMS, not in the right order, not looking at it right now, but, something to the effect, so I go into squid, and go in the order that it says, but, then it just shows me the settings?? So what do I do from there? OR maybe my settings are not right? Can someone help me with this? Thanks ya'll
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

Green Apple
    Thanks

try installing Finder, then Finder Preview.

I saw that in another post about SwirlyMMS and it works. Now I just need to figure out why it turns the image when it is sent.

guys...noob here...need help

I deleted the old swirly...added in the sources and reinstalled...put in the settings and i still cant get it to work. It says something about EDGE cannot be activated check apn settings.

For what its worth i have Tmobile, the 5.99 tzones plan, 1.1.1 any help would be appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Use the APN and other settings listed on the swirly website. I think I am running SwirlyMMS 0.3.5 now.

The icon in the corner turned Green when i got them right.http://swirlyspace.com/iphone/apps/mms/settings.html

The Tmobile USA is about 2/3 of the way down.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TJ-Shocker For This Useful Post:

anya (2008-03-24), iPhonedme (2008-06-19)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need some help! I just installed the Swirly MMS and entered all settings. now when I go to the home screen and go into Swirly MMS it opens up but then automatically takes me back to the home screen. What am I doing wrong now??? Any help???

(BTW I have the 1.1.4)

Thumbs up Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are the greatest. Works like a charm.
    TMobile rocks by the way!
    All we need now is for TMobile to get the same 3g frequency as the rest of the world.
    But I know it's the FCC's fault