Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2.1 on sidekick plan

Default Iphone 2.1 on sidekick plan
    I recently changed my sidekick lx for an iphone my sidekick plan works fine with my iphone, it runs fast and gives me no problems. I want to know if theres anybody out there doing the same and if it affects the monthly charges in any way. thanx in advance

damn you lucky mine aint work but i had 2.0

Could we get the APN info? We did a quick attempt using hiptop.t-mobile.com (pulled from friend's sidekick) using friend's sim card, success at calls, fail at internet. Working on solution, any info on how you got it to work would be friggin awesome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdmeg22 View Post
    I recently changed my sidekick lx for an iphone my sidekick plan works fine with my iphone, it runs fast and gives me no problems. I want to know if theres anybody out there doing the same and if it affects the monthly charges in any way. thanx in advance
    So were you able to successfully connect to safari, maps, weather, stocks and YouTube on your new iphone on the sidekick plan through an edge connection? My boyfriend just got a 1st gen. iphone on fw 2.1 to replace his sidekick lx. If the sidekick plan works, that would be pretty cool. What do you have entered for your edge APN???
    Last edited by Cassy; 2008-09-29 at 10:01 PM.

Can you do just the opposite? Use you iphone plan (total internet) with a sidekick lx?

my apn setting was epc.tmobile.com it stopped working all of a sudden. now i have tzones

Yah...i've heard they killed epc.tmobile.com I wonder what it is exactly about the sidekick plan that makes it not work with the iphone. I've heard all sorts of things about it, some say it streams a second connection for faster data and a different encryption protocol than the iphone uses, some say danger's servers just won't connect because the iphone reports it's browser version as different than that of the sidekick. Anyone got inside info? thatd be lovely in figuring out a workaround.

Edit: I think i'll call tmobile tomorrow to see what i can find out. Their tier 3 techs are very enthusiastic and helpful, and should be able to shed some light on the situation for us. Will post findings when done.
    Last edited by Israfil; 2008-09-30 at 12:05 PM. Reason: further thoughts

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

epc.tmobile.com still works for me. i listen to pandora over edge connection everyday.

Anyone know if this is working? I have the sidekick plan but want to be able to swap my sim to my iphone from time to time.

I have no problem with my epc.tmobile.com with the sidekick plan, but sometimes it will mess up and the only thing you need to do is put the sim in a edge phone and surf the web for about 15 seconds and put it back in your iphone

Im also on a 3g with smartchip 2.1 software.. hopes this helps

11. The Following User Says Thank You to egolden05 For This Useful Post:

mark1914 (2008-10-02)

Quote Originally Posted by egolden05 View Post
    I have no problem with my epc.tmobile.com with the sidekick plan, but sometimes it will mess up and the only thing you need to do is put the sim in a edge phone and surf the web for about 15 seconds and put it back in your iphone

Im also on a 3g with smartchip 2.1 software.. hopes this helps
    I hope it works with a 1st generation running 2.0

mine stopped working this morning. i put the sim back into my sidekick lx and surfed the web some then put it back into the iphone and still doesnt work. im using the epc.tmobile.com apn

Mine just stopped working yesterday...

I was on the sidekick Plan and when I tryed to surface the web an error message came up...

It works for a little bit but doesnt work for long i was using epc.tmobile.com but now have t-zones