Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: lost Edge icon

Default lost Edge icon
    Hi, iam using iphone 3g verson 2.1. iam using Tmobile now. i dont know why the E icon next to the signal bar doesnot appear even i turn the data roaming on and set apn as epc.tmobile.com. so i can not access the internet even i have tzone hack.$5.99. so can anyone help me to take back the E icon. thaks alot about your time to reading my thread.

Thanks

I'm on the same boat. After upgrading, jailbreaking and unlocking my first gen 4gb iPhone a few days back, for some odd reason out of the blue, my EDGE icon also dissapeared. Also the "Cellular Data Network" option is now missing and I can't check or modify my APN settings.

Everything was working fine to include Swirly.

Any clues?

for the 3g... here it is. take out your sim from your 3g sim card put your sim card into another phone with edge go on line with edge with the other phone like google.com etc do some searches next turn off the current phone take out the sim card put it back into your 3g and then go to general settings network and make sure data roaming is on. done. let me know waht happens.

I had the same problem mine is first ten though, it started working again about noon est, btw I'm on tzones $5.99 using epc.tmobile.com no hack

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you still have this problem, just remove the SIM card, no need to put it in another phone, and put the SIM card back in the iPhone.
    I just tried it and it works, took a matter of seconds