Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So I got the $20 internet package

Default So I got the $20 internet package
    I just got the T-Mobile internet package $20 but do I have to use APN? A lot of people in here are using the $4.99 plan.

Since I got the plan for internet package.. I just want to use it with Edge. Is it faster with internet2.voicestream.com than Edge?

Before you say the plan is expensive, and it is, I am not paying for it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

$19.99 plan apn = internet2.voicestream.com
    $5.99 plan apn = epc.tmobile.com (without t-zones hack) or wap.voicestream.com (with t-zones hack)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    $5.99 plan apn = epc.tmobile.com (without t-zones hack) or wap.voicestream.com (with t-zones hack)
    For some reasons, internet2.voicestream.com is not working now. Do i have to replace the "2" with "3"?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

why would you pay when the epc.tmobile.com APN is free?
    I'm kinda lost as to why you would pay $20+ for something that can reach 3G speeds, when something that's free has reached 3G speeds and it's EDGE.
    Can you further explain why?

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    I'm kinda lost as to why you would pay $20+ for something that can reach 3G speeds, when something that's free has reached 3G speeds and it's EDGE.
    I really don't know. I guess my parents have too much money.

Why doesn't epc.tmobile.com work for me? Do I need to edit that proxy.apc file first?

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungHustla View Post
    What do you mean free? Dont you have to pay $5.99?
    Motorola V70, A630,
    T-Mobile (HTC) SDA, Dash, Wing
    Apple iPhone 2G, 3G
    Favorite: Samsung A117

who cares if the kid wants to pay 20bux .. not our business .. epc.tmobile.com wont work for you if you have total internet .. and make sure you didnt install the tzones hack

in your apn you have to enter either
    internet2.voicestream.com or
    internet3.voicestream.com

and leave the username and password blank

and make sure your total internet is activated already .. it can take up to 48 hours .. so be patient

Quote Originally Posted by timmyinpajamas View Post
    who cares if the kid wants to pay 20bux .. not our business .. epc.tmobile.com wont work for you if you have total internet .. and make sure you didnt install the tzones hack

and make sure your total internet is activated already .. it can take up to 48 hours .. so be patient
    So you're saying...just sign up for Tzones and use epc.tmobile.com (or the others) as your APN without installing the Tzones hack from Cydia?
    Motorola V70, A630,
    T-Mobile (HTC) SDA, Dash, Wing
    Apple iPhone 2G, 3G
    Favorite: Samsung A117

Quote Originally Posted by timmyinpajamas View Post

Thanks.

Do I have to SSH and replace or add anything to the proxy.apc?

I'm sorry if I have missed another post somewhere. I recently upgraded to the $19.99 plan to get decent speed. Is there now a way to get THE SAME SPEED as the $19.99 plan and if so what has to be done to set it up? Thank you

i have the total internet plan and i use the epc apn and it works for me.....im able to use aim and everything.....when i had the wap i wasnt able to use aim.....maybe i got lucky

Default Confused
    I am totally confused...I had the 5.99 plan and nothing worked I upgraded to the 19.99 plan and everything is fine.. I would love to save a few bucks so do I change plans and then follow the steps or do the steps first and then call to change plans....

Stop stealing my thread people.

Go and create your own damn thread.

It seems to me that epc is a little more faster than internet2

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Finally, someone who gets it!