Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Different SIM detected"

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default "Different SIM detected"
    Howdy folks! So, here's my issue. I tried using the new QuickPwn on my 1G 8GB iPhone. I was already running a TMobile SIM card. I put the AT&T card back in to pwn it. After it completed, I tried using my TMobile SIM card, and the phone says that a Different SIM card has been detected... and to connect to iTunes. When I connect to iTunes, it wants me to put in my AT&T SIM card. I've tried using earlier firmwares, but for some reason earlier versions of winpwn just crash about 80% of the way through creating the custom firmware... Not too sure what to do from here. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Brandon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This has happened to me several times in the past couple weeks. Put the t-mobile sim card in and then put in recovery mode and restore to a custom built unlocked 2.1 firmware. Leave the t-mobile sim in the whole time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thank you for your quick response. The only way I've been able to get 2.1 is by allowing iTunes to install it for me, and using QuickPwn to jailbreak. I inserted my TMobile SIM card and followed the steps again, and after it completed the process, it gave me the same message, and iTunes also continued to give me the message that my SIM card wasn't supported, and to insert an AT&T SIM card. Do you happen to have a custom built unlocked version of 2.1 that you could upload for me? I would greatly appreciate that. Thanks!

Brandon