Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Official Post Settings Thread

  1. #1
    Lightbulb Official Post Settings Thread
    I couldnt find any solid information on anything when I was setting up my phone so I figured this will make it simpler for others. Try to keep it to no discussions. Just post your settings and people can try them out to see if they work for them.

    If Im missing something let me know Ill add it to the list.

    Phone:
    Firmware:
    Software:
    Plan:
    Settings:

    Maps:
    Email:
    Safari:
    Stocks:
    Youtube:

    Phone: 2G 8GB
    Firmware: 2.0.2
    Software: WinPwn
    Plan: Dash, 19.99 Total Internet, 14.99 Text
    Settings:
    APN - wap.voicestream.com
    User- Blank
    Pass- Blank

    Maps:Yes
    Email:Yes
    Safari:Yes
    Stocks:Yes
    Youtube:No

    I had originally used internet2.voicestream.com but it was sooooo slow. Switched to wap and it is way faster.
    Last edited by edirty; 2008-09-23 at 03:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Phone: 2G 8GB
    Firmware: 2.1
    Software: PwnageTool OSX
    Plan: T-Zones $5.99
    Settings:
    APN - epc.tmobile.com
    User- Blank
    Pass- Blank

    Maps:Yes
    Email:Yes
    Safari:Yes
    Stocks:Yes
    Youtube:Yes

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak? MUSTANGLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, FL
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Phone: 2G 16GB
    Firmware: 2.1
    Software: Quickpwn
    Plan: T-Zones $5.99
    Settings:
    APN - epc.tmobile.com
    User- Blank
    Pass- Blank

    Maps:Yes
    Email:Yes
    Safari:Yes
    Stocks:Yes
    Youtube:Yes

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to MUSTANGLEE For This Useful Post:

    jennirumrum (2008-12-02)

  5. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Panama City, FL
    Posts
    894
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 153 Times in 132 Posts

    Phone: 2G 8GB
    Firmware: 2.1
    Software: Pwnage OSX
    Plan: T-Zones $5.99 + $14.99 MMS/SMS
    Settings:
    APN - wap.voicestream.com
    User- Blank
    Pass- Blank

    Maps:Yes
    Email:Yes
    Safari:Yes
    Stocks:Yes
    Youtube:Yes
    MMS Send/Receive: Yes
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

  6. #5
    Anybody find this helpful?

    I still cant get my youtube to work. Gunna upgrade to 2.1 tonight and see if that helps.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by edirty View Post
    I couldnt find any solid information on anything when I was setting up my phone so I figured this will make it simpler for others. Try to keep it to no discussions. Just post your settings and people can try them out to see if they work for them.

    If Im missing something let me know Ill add it to the list.




    Phone: 2G 8GB
    Firmware: 2.0.2
    Software: WinPwn
    Plan: Dash, 19.99 Total Internet, 14.99 Text
    Settings:
    APN - wap.voicestream.com
    User- Blank
    Pass- Blank

    Maps:Yes
    Email:Yes
    Safari:Yes
    Stocks:Yes
    Youtube:No

    I had originally used internet2.voicestream.com but it was sooooo slow. Switched to wap and it is way faster.
    You're paying $19.99 a month for uncrippled and unblocked access, yet you use the crippled and port-blocked T-Zones APN. Why?

    Switch back to internet2.voicestream.com for YouTube and everything else to work properly.

    If it doesn't work, contact T-Mobile. They will help you. Especially since you've bought the $19.99 internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    Phone: 2G 8GB
    Firmware: 2.1
    Software: Pwnage OSX
    Plan: T-Zones $5.99 + $14.99 MMS/SMS
    Settings:
    APN - wap.voicestream.com
    User- Blank
    Pass- Blank

    Maps:Yes
    Email:Yes
    Safari:Yes
    Stocks:Yes
    Youtube:Yes
    MMS Send/Receive: Yes
    Your YouTube does not work. It will load, yes, and you may be able to view a few vids you've bookmarked or viewed while on Wi-Fi, but that's about it.

    Try performing a search (with Wi-Fi off). Or better yet, on the "Featured" page, scroll all the way to the bottom. If your YouTube worked correctly on EDGE, using wap.voicestream.com, you should have the "Load 25 More..." link. You'll notice it's not there and that you will not be able to search videos.

    Just switch to epc.tmobile.com and remove the T-Zones proxy hack.

  8. #7
    Yea I forgot to change my stats I switched to the 5.99 and epc.tmobile.com within a few hours of setting the phone up. Everything works perfect except youtube.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by edirty View Post
    Yea I forgot to change my stats I switched to the 5.99 and epc.tmobile.com within a few hours of setting the phone up. Everything works perfect except youtube.
    YouTube should work.

    Make sure you don't have the hack installed. Also head to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

    Restart your phone and input the epc.tmobile.com APN.

    Everything (yes, YouTube) should work except iTunes and App Store.

  10. #9
    I am using the T-Zones hack, and my app store works. So is it a pick your losses kind of thing? If I want youtube, I should use the epc, or if I want app store, use the hack?

    Thanks?

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbarker223 View Post
    I am using the T-Zones hack, and my app store works. So is it a pick your losses kind of thing? If I want youtube, I should use the epc, or if I want app store, use the hack?

    Thanks?
    $5.99 T-Zones Plan:

    - wap.voicestream.com + T-Zones Hack = Limited (no IM clients, no streaming audio/video, no YouTube, $CODE$ Safari errors, slow Weather app et al. startup times) internet via the MMS proxy gateway. However, App Store does work.

    - epc.tmobile.com (without the T-Zones Hack installed) = Full internet, except App Store and iTunes.

    $19.99 Total Internet Plan:

    - internet2.voicestream.com or internet3.voicestream.com (for VPN) = Full internet, no restrictions (AFAIK).

    Hope this is now clear.

  12. #11
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    398
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 45 Times in 42 Posts

    Phone: 2G 8GB
    Firmware: 1.1.4
    Software: Pwnage OSX
    Plan: T-Zones $5.99
    Settings:
    APN - epc.tmobile.com
    User- Blank
    Pass- Blank

    Maps:Yes
    Email:Yes
    Safari:Yes
    Stocks:Yes
    Youtube:Yes
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •