Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Somebody Anybody hELPPPPPPPP!

Default Somebody Anybody hELPPPPPPPP!
    Okay i am new to this site and iphone im general , Here is my dilemma I got an unlocked iphone running on 1.1.4 i recently updated the software via winpwn 2.5 to 2.0.2 . Everything ran smoothly except cydia kept giving me an error message that i needed to add more sources which i did by the way and it still gave me an error message , but everything else ran fine. I accidently unistalled cydia after that my keypad wouldnt let me dial then eventually it just stopped on me so i restored it with itunes to no avail because i just got the boot up screen with a constant little circle that vibed every 30 seconds , after that i tried to downgrade to 1.1.4 to no avail , lastly i restored back to factory settings just for it to go thru the process of restore and i tunes still not connecting > so basically im stuck on the screen with an usb pointing to itunes (which i cannot connet to ) Also when i put my sim card in it still says tmobile and I still get my texts.....im so confused!

im using:
    1rst gen 8gb iphone
    unlocked to tmoible
    using 2.0.2 software
    windows vista
    winpwn

Someone please help me it would be greatly appreciated !
    Last edited by Mia_antoinette; 2008-09-17 at 12:07 AM.

Place the iphone into DFU mode (it has to be DFU, Not Recovery mode) and restore in Itunes to factory settings to the current firmware thats on the device, which im gonna assume is 2.0.2.

Then re-pwn everything. Which by the way will include unlocking it because it is no longer unlocked.

Im assuming i put the phone in dfu mode because the comp gives me a message that it has detected a phone in dfu mode . then itunes gives me the message that the phone needs to be restored which i do but after the whole process it still dosent read the phone so im assuming the restore didnt go thru because it still gives me the restore mesage or the iphone cannot be restored error 5 or 6 . so im back at square one with the slide for emergency screen and the usb pointing ti itunes .